Fourth Grade PEAK
September 23, 2014
THEME: Kids CAN
KIDS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- We learned how to write headings and subheadings for our research topic.
- We heard about Amanda Dye (former student of mine) who is a humanitarian (ask your child for the details!)
- We brainstormed qualities of humanitarians.
- We brainstormed ways we could make a difference in the world.
- Topic Study: Students are busy taking notes. Students are tightening up their essential question. I am so impressed with this group's productivity!
- Math: We continue to solve problems. We have some excellent math problem solvers.
- Science: We conducted our third science experiment. Students wrote a hypothesis based on the testable question: Which generic brand of paper towels will absorb more water? Students conducted the experiment, recorded the data, averaged the results, and made graphs. Next week we will wrap up the experiment by writing a conclusion and answering follow up questions. As we conduct science experiments, we will revisit the theme: Truth in Advertising. We are using the scientific method to test advertising claims.
Note Taking Tips
- Students are actively using their Chrome books
- We have organized our Google Drives
- Practiced sharing and saving documents
- Bookmarked important websites
- Actively working in Google Classroom
- Set up a PEAK Powtoons account - we should have fun with this!
- We introduced Edmodo another online learning tool!
Classroom Book Source:
- Students learned how to check out books electronically from my classroom library.
- There is a link on my student resource page for students to "Tweet" about the day. I will post 5 tweets a week on my classroom board - some may even make it to real twitter. Tweets should be relevant to our learning day.
- Please follow me on twitter - you never know when a tweet will post about your child's PEAK day!
Create a Graph:
- Applied our knowledge on how to make graphs online
- Online note taking application used during Topic Study