January 28, 2019
Chronic Absence Update-23.3%
Attendance Next Steps
Going forward we will begin targeted outreach.
Our goal over the next 6 weeks is to move 10 students from moderate to at risk.
Update: We have increased our chronic absence by 5 students.
The attendance team will be:
- celebrating students with satisfactory attendance
- reaching out daily to targeted families
- scheduling SART (Student Attendance Review Team) Meetings
- when communicating with families discuss attendance
- reach out to families when students are absent
- celebrate great attendance days
All adults should engage in active supervision (scanning, moving around, and anticipating issues) during recess and yard duty. It only takes a second for something to happen.
All personal days must be requested in advance via email.
It is a district requirement that all staff use their OUSD email for communication. Please ensure you check your OUSD email at least once daily. Reach out if you can not access your email account.
If you're interested in attending a workshop intended to serve as an instructional discussion for educators and administrators concerned with developing strategies and frameworks for addressing discipline issues in schools, RSVP here: tinyurl.com/OUSDJanuary31
Intent to Return forms were recently sent out to OEA employees. Please submit them and let us know if you will be seeking a transfer, retiring, resigning, or returning to your position next year. The deadline for the $500 early notification bonus for those separating is Friday, Jan. 25.
2nd through 5th grade students should take the SRI this month.
F&Ps for all students below grade level should be given by Jan 31st. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Cycle 3- Writing
Professional Learning Community 1/30
- Please bring student work aligned with your goal for the week.
We will be reviewing end of the cycle data and planning for the next cycle.
- PE schedule should be posted in the classroom and uploaded to the google drive
- PE reports are completed monthly
- PE is a great time for team building activities
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Faculty Council 3 to 4
- SSC Meeting 5 to 6:30
- Minimum Day
- Howard Professional Development 2 to 3:30
- Howard Collaboration 3:30 to 4:00
- Winter K to College Convening 4 to 6:30
- Williams Off Site
- Williams Off Site
Upcoming February Events
2/4 Grocery Giveaway
2/5 African American Read-In 4th and 5th
2/11 Staff Meeting
2/13 Hoot and Holler-Living Jazz
2/18 President's Day-No School
2/25 Faculty Council
2/26 SSC Meeting