The Weekly Buzz Update
A Weekly Newsletter from Corner Middle School
VOLUME 4, NUMBER 12: August 1, 2022
Message from the Principal . . . UPDATE #7
Today is the seventh (and very information-light) installment in a series of updates containing information you will need in preparation for the opening of the new school year. This update is about the traffic plan for morning car and bus line / drop off AND afternoon car and bus line pick-up for the school year.
Looking ahead . . .
- Tuesday, August 2nd Registration Follow-Up / Updates
- Wednesday, August 3rd Health and Medical Updates
- Thursday, August 4th Bus Information
- Friday, August 5th Attendance Information
- Saturday, August 6th Child Nutrition / Cafeteria Information
- Sunday, August 7th Regular Weekly Buzz
- Monday, August 8th Last Minute Reminders
Due to our receipt of regularly changing information and district updates, this information release schedule is subject to change. Thank you for your continued support of your student, our faculty and staff, and the administration of Corner Middle School! Enjoy your week!
Corner Middle School
CMS Traffic Plan for 2022-2023 School Year
We generally have few traffic issues here at CMS when we can have everyone on the same page. Here are some of the points of emphasis for the new year:
- In car line, please pull up as far as you can. When you have someone dropping off or picking up your student, encourage them to pull up. While the driver is focused only on their student(s), we have to be focused on unloading and loading ALL students.
- Do not drop students off on the football field/bandroom side of the street. This generally happens when the driver is running late (especially if the driver is a high school sibling). Due to safety issues, this is not permitted.
- Students should not be left at the school prior to 7:25 unsupervised. At 3:20 all car riders who have not been picked up will be taken to the office to call their rides.
- We strive for a safe environment for our students in the afternoon. NO CAR SHOULD MOVE UNTIL PROMPTED BY THE CMS FACULTY MEMBER AT THE HEAD OF THE LINE.
- If your student is not in the car line when you are there to pick him / her up, you will have to circle the building. Normally this is due to student socializing somewhere OR the student rode the bus home OR the student is in an activity (sports, band, club, academic team, etc.) and communication has broken down somewhere.
Thank you for assisting us in a safe start to the school year!
Corner Middle School
Corner Middle School is committed to empowering our students as they build a foundation for college, career, and community success in a nurturing environment.
Our vision at Corner Middle School is to ensure our students are academically, emotionally, and socially prepared for challenges they may encounter in the next phases of their lives.
Corner Middle School believes we will accomplish our Mission and Vision in serving our community of learners by:
- Loving, encouraging, and inspiring our students and each other in our daily interactions.
- Utilizing highly-effective instruction and a challenging curriculum.
- Meeting the needs of diverse learners in order to prepare them for college and entry into a career pathway.
- Partnering with the community.
- Cultivating student leaders.
- Integrating technology into all areas of learning.