October 10, 2016 - October 14, 2016
DE Science Techbook Mini-Institute
- 1:30-2:50 DE Techbook Session 1/Mini Institute 3 sessions
- 3:00-4:20 Techbook Session 2/Mini Institute 3 sessions
- Location: South for K-3 on October 12th
* Techbook Model Classroom experience for teachers in grades K-5 to help them think about how to incorporate stations into their daily practice that supports literacy, writing and science.
MGSD Flu Clinics
October 11th 2:00-5:00
Please review your lockdown procedures before Friday, October 14th....hint...hint.
Nominate someone for Staff Member of the Month
We're Going on a Trip...In our Favorite Rocket Ship...
Virtual Field Trip
- Mrs. White's and Mrs. Creech's class headed to deep space! On October 4th at 1pm Discovery Education took classrooms worldwide on a live virtual field trip to the Lockheed Martin Spacecraft Operations Simulation Center in Littleton, CO where students will met Lockheed Martin experts and learn how space flight leads to innovation here on Earth.
Great Experience for our Students.
Data = Understanding
Teams Collaborating for Data Talks
This what great to watch. Our TEAM really embodied the definition of COLLABORATION. Each grade level meet with administration, Title I team, Guidance Counselor and EC Team. During this collaboration the team discussed our TRC data and what support our students needed to ensure they receive the appropriate instruction to be successful.
Teachers collaborating to have meaningful, purposeful dialogue to where our students are and how to get them where we need them.
Our agenda and guided questions to lead a great discussion.
Teachers moving students around to different groups based on where they are.
Welcome to the Family!
Welcome Samantha Johnson to the family. She comes to us from Troutman Elementary where she taught 2nd grade for the past 2 years. She's a graduated of UNCC and has a passion for students and teaching.
If you are new to the school this year, please stop by to see Mr. Hobbs for your photo opp to be introduced to your Park View Family (includes all staff).
Disability Awareness Month
October is Disability Awareness Month
- This is an interview of Liz Aston's husband's cousin who has Spina Bifida. He's a really inspiring guy! At birth his parents were told he would only live to be 15 years old and would have multiple learning disabilities. He's currently working on his Doctoral degree in psychology. He is the Executive Director of a nonprofit organization that builds handicap accessible playgrounds in NJ called Build Jake's Place. Please take a moment to watch this video of his inspiring story!
Superheroes in Action
In honor of Jacob Hall, 6 year old boy shot and killed by a teenage boy. He loved superhero and his mom asked for as many people to wear a superhero customs to show her baby support.
- ALL Classroom Teachers must conference with the parents of every student
- During the conference you will review the students progress through the 1st quarter. Share positives with the family and areas of improvement.
- Student Led conference: If any teacher is interested in conducting student led conference please see Ms. Johnson for info.
- We will host conference week over 2 weeks this school year - October 31st - November 11th
- Conference Night will be on November 9th until 7:00.
- October 31st & November 1st are Optional Workdays: If interested you may conduct conferences during the day
PLEASE be FLEXIBLE with parents and there schedule to meet with them during the best time possible.
October M-Powerment Strategy Focus
Culture#2 High Expectations
Teachers set high expectations for learning and believe all students are capable of achieving success.
What's this look like in the classroom?
- Set high expectations for all students
- Reach Beyond Comfort Zone
- Data Walls
- Building Confidence in Students
- Intrinsic/Extrinsic Motivation
- Building on Student Strengths
- Taking Risks (Allowing for Failure)
- Parent Communication
- Reach Beyond Students Comfort Zone
Staff Absence Request
- Reminder...if you are taking an annual or personal leave you must submit to Mr. Hobbs 2 weeks prior to your leave.
Week of October 10th-14th
Monday, October 10th
FBA/BIP Training (MTSS/EC/Grade Level Co-Chairs Only) 3:30-5:00
Tuesday, October 11th
Flu Shot Clinic 2:30-5p
Wednesday, October 12th
Early Release 1:00
Thursday, October 13th
SIT Collaboration 3:30
Friday, October 14th
10/21 All-Pro Dads
10/25 3rd grade ELA EOQ
10/26 3rd grade Math EOQ
10/27 Trunk or Treat 5:00-7:00
10/31 No School - Optional Work Day
11/1 No School - Optional Work Day