By: Cheyenne Lykins
National Rifle Association (NRA)
- The heart of The NRA Foundation’s mission is preserving the core of our American values and traditions in our steadfast effort to Teach Freedom.
- The primary goal of the association would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis," according to a magazine editorial written by Church.
- While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America's foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the NRA has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world. But our successes would not be possible without the tireless efforts and countless hours of service our nearly five million members have given to champion Second Amendment rights and support NRA programs.
- I strongly believe that guns don't kill people, the people who have the guns kill other people. So therefor guns don't kill people, humans kill people.
- I also believe that if we don't have them than we won't be able to kill our food or even protect us.
- What if they take guns away and what do we have to protect us, and cops aren't around and they try to do something that will harm you.
Anti-gun groups fail to remove 2nd Amendment
- In recent months, anti-gun groups such as Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG), the Brady Campaign and others have been putting increasing pressure on Facebook (and its associated platform, Instagram) to prohibit any online content that references the private sale of firearms.
- Brady and MAIG, however, are eager to stop gun sales anywhere and any way they can, so they pretend that violent criminals are buying guns off the Internet as if they were buying socks or books. What they don't like to admit is that guns are lawful, constitutionally-protected products, and being able to discuss and depict them online is a matter of free speech.
- Any time we receive a report on Facebook about a post promoting the private sale of a commonly regulated item, we will send a message to that person reminding him or her to comply with relevant laws and regulations. We will also limit access to that post to people over the age of 18.