Triton Review and Preview 10.6.2017
I hope you had a great break and had time to connect with your kids. I also hope they are sharing good experiences at Eastlake Middle School. I am always here to listen to your concerns. I want to give you an update on several important items:
1. In conjunction with the Department of Traffic Engineering, we are going to explore some options to increase traffic flow. For the last week and the week before we went on break, I have been advertising that the loop will be closed. We put out an additional sign as well during that time. Please be patient. You will see more information posted below about traffic. The goal is to have parents drop off and continue in the same direction. Our library is open at 7:15 if you choose to drop off students earlier. We will also have all of our campus supervisors assisting. Please cooperate with directions and anticipate some wait time as we adjust. There will be signs as well that designate drop-off zones. Have your student ready with materials as you drop them off. If you would like to meet with district officials and the Traffic Engineer, we will be observing traffic on 10/7 at 7:30. We are also hoping to construct a lighted crosswalk at the corner of Duncan Gate Road and Stone Gate.
2. We have an important fundraiser and spirit event coming up called Walk for Change. Our goal is to collect loose change and donate this change to a charity, a school improvement idea and for professional development opportunities for our staff. Please be on the lookout for the envelopes being sent home. This event is strict voluntary. In addition, we will be conducting a canned food drive to help our local food bank. Let's make a positive change for our school and community. All students receive a spirit shirt, ice cream and free admittance to the ELH football game on 10/20.
3. I have contacted district officials and we are working on bringing more shaded structures to our school site as well as more cafeteria workers/carts.
4. From our last parent meeting, I have contacted the Safe School Ambassador program and we will start training for the new year. The group will help with anti-bullying ideas.
5. Last, but not least, ELM is entering into a contract with Eduabroad to create a sister school with groups in China, Japan and possibly, other countries. We hope you will consider being a host family. You will be compensated. More information to follow shortly! It's also a great fundraiser.
6. Dress Code Amendment. After much discussion with students and staff, we have modified the dress code for tank tops/sleeveless shirts. Students can wear these items if the top straps are at least 2 to 3 inches in thickness and the sides/back do not expose undergarments.
Thanks for being involved as parents. We appreciate your support. As always, let me know about your concerns or questions. our next Coffee with the Principal is Tuesday, October 17th at 9:00 AM in the library.
Traffic Flow Study
Walk for Change
Join the PTSO!
Way to go Keanu!
Keanu is one of our Tritons of the Week!
Promoting Academic Literacy
Mrs. Keogh and Mrs. Miller provided our students with a wonderful opportunity to practice the use of academic language.
Way to go Faith!
Faith is one of our Tritons of the Week