QUICK AND TO THE POINT... UPDATES FROM DPS #61
Welcome to The Dot!
Return to Learn | School Information for Fall 2020
PreK-12 students will participate in 100% virtual learning for the first quarter of the 2020-2021 school year. The first quarter ends October 9, 2020.
The first day of student instruction will be pushed back to Monday, August 17, 2020.
For up to date information, we encourage you to frequently check our Return to Learn website at www.dps61.org/returntolearn.
DPS #61 Construction
Staff working at Parsons Elementary School
Special thank you to those working on our summer construction projects!
DPS #61 Construction
New exterior finishes at South Shores Elementary School
Summer Construction Projects 2020
August 2020: Here are a few quick updates on building projects happening at DPS #61.
Designed by BLDD and Completed by O' Shea Builders
Montessori Academy for Peace moved in
Johns Hill Magnet School construction of the new building has begun
Parsons Elementary School gym and new classrooms in progress (to be completed by Spring 2021)
Completed by DPS #61 Building and Grounds Staff
American Dreamer STEM Academy moved to former Enterprise building on South Taylor Road
Dennis Lab School Mosaic campus office moved with new secured entrance + A/C installation
Dennis Kaleidoscope A/C installation
SDMS new flooring and refinished pit are completed
New Montessori playground, wiring for internet, phones, surveillance cameras, classroom TVs
Boundary Changes for South Shores and Dennis Effective In 2020-21 School Year
- Dennis’ current building has been named the Mosaic Campus and houses grades 2-3 and 6-7-8.
- The old Mary W. French building is now Dennis’ Kaleidoscope Campus, housing PreK, Kindergarten-1 and grades 4-5.
- South Shores boundary changed as well for 2020-21 school year.
To look up your home school by your home address, CLICK HERE.
We Welcome New Administrators to the DPS Family!
- Dr. Judith Campbell, P-12 Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Mary Brady, Principal at Baum Elementary
- Mary Anderson, Principal at Montessori Academy for Peace
- Ann Mathieson, Assistant Principal at Montessori Academy for Peace
- Kelley Morrison, Campus Principal at Harris Learning Academy
- Paul Ranstead, Assistant Principal at Harris Learning Academy
- Tasia Burks, Principal at Hope Academy
- Kamie Meador, Assistant Principal at Hope Academy
- Eldon Conn, Principal at Stephen Decatur Middle School
- Nathaniel Tallent, Assistant Principal at Stephen Decatur Middle School
- Matt Fraas, Principal at South Shores Elementary STEAM School
- Kristi Mullinix, Assistant Principal at Dennis Lab School
Upcoming Dates to Watch for DPS #61
- Monday, August 10 | FIRST DAY FOR STAFF
- Monday, August 17 | FIRST DAY OF VIRTUAL LEARNING FOR STUDENTS
- Monday, September 7 | Labor Day Holiday: NO SCHOOL and District offices closed
Please Continue to Monitor Your Family for COVID-19 Symptoms
August 2020: Continue to monitor your family for symptoms of COVID-19 and contact your doctor if you or your student experience any of the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting