ASEC Weekly Update
May 7, 2023
- Beta club members - You need to make sure that you have paid your dues and have submitted your 10 community service hours in by Monday, May 15 by 3pm.
- Yearbook Dedication and Distribution is on Tuesday, May 9th during Focus/Rec time.
- ASEC Awards Day - Wednesday, May 10th at 1pm in the old Auditorium
- District Dress Code Policy https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kBdnXmUKnKr38QX3C1aR1GcujAAxmK4M/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=109138006445363443150&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Rising Senior Parents, Seniors will NEED to receive their 2nd Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine BEFORE they return to school in the Fall of 2023. If proof of immunization is not provided within 30 calendar days after school entry, YOUR STUDENT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND SCHOOL UNTIL IT IS PROVIDED, AS REQUIRED BY LAW.
- Ms. Carson's trip to England in summer of 2024. Great opportunity for ASEC students. If you would like more information feel free to email or call Ms. Carson. tonya_Carson@iss.k12.nc.us, 704-876-4056 ext. 1406
Graduation - Friday, May 12 @ 4pm on the ASEC Campus
HOSA's Pie in the Face Fundraiser
Soooooo close to the final goal! $50 to go and they all get pied in the face!!! They will get pied right before yearbook dedication and distribution on Tuesday, May 9th. Bring it on Monday!!
Yearbook is HIRING for 2023-2024
The 2023-2024 Yearbook staff is now accepting applications for next school year's Yearbook Staff! We are looking for motivated students interested in developing their photography, design, writing, reporting, marketing, and leadership skills. If you are interested in beefing up your résumé and helping us to record our school's memories with your style and input, see Ms. Carson (room i206) or email her (email@example.com) for an application and/or more information! We only have 9 or less spots available on our 2023-24 team, so be sure to get in your application early for the best consideration.
GOOD THINGS - EAGLES SOAR!!!
Message from Our Principal
Student of the Week: Eyan Feimster
It is wonderful to see Eyan renewing his strength every day like the eagle, enthusiastically reminding us of the transformational nature of education. Between constant smiles and a good sense of humor, he always carry his learning toolbox with him, which transcends a book, a backpack and a pencil. His desire to learn, to go beyond what was discussed in class and to take possession of his own education remind me of the eagle's character for his persistence, courage, strength, vision and created for heigh flyes. Eyan is an eagle, who works tirelessly and I am proud that he is part of the ASEC family. - Nominated by Wanda Serrano
May 9 - Ashlyn Gilbert
May 10 - Brandon Williams
May 13 - Katherine Wilson
May 15 - Graham Campbell
May 17 - Tayven Rucker
May 19 - Daniel De Leon Vasquez
May 22 - Jacob Cartner
May 24 - Trey Barkley, Isabella Troutman
May 25 - Brianna Hincapie
May 30 - Haylee Lackey
May 31 - Julian Grindall, Isabella Vidrine
Dates to Remember
May 8th 6pm - Graduate Dinner
May 9th 8am-3pm - Graduates return textbooks and laptops
May 10th 1pm - Awards Day - Old Auditorium
May 12th 4pm- Graduation
Report Cards: 6/8
SPRING EXAMS: HIGH SCHOOL: May 16-22
COLLEGE: May 2-8
May 12th 4pm on ASEC Campus
May 13th 10am or 2pm in Mooresville
Counselor's Corner - Mrs. Sherrill
CFNC ACCOUNTS: Students....please create a CFNC account (https://www.cfnc.org/) to help guide you through high school and plan for your futures AFTER high school. (Even if you're not planning to attend college! This is an invaluable tool and will be used throughout your high school career at ASEC! Make sure to list ASEC as your current school) Please ask Mrs. Sherrill if you have any questions.
Good day ASEC Students!
As we approach the end of the year, it is time to start thinking about book/book code returns.
All Mitchell books and book codes will be turned in to ASEC to Hines (or the cart left out for me) on the following days:
Graduating students: Turn in all books/book codes by May 9th. Hines will be out, but there will be a cart for you to place your books on and a sheet to sign.
Returning ASEC Students: Turn in all books/book codes by May 19th. Either place them on the cart or give them to Hines. There will be a sheet to sign also.
For all students: I will leave a sheet for you to put your name and a list of the things you returned (in case I am not there).
PS: Unused book codes may be recycled so please bring the slips with the code on them if you have them
- Beta Club- Beta will meet the 1st Friday of every month during Focus/Rec time.
- Student Council
- Archery: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating
- FCA: Fellowship of Christian Athletes meets every Friday at 11:15am in the new gym
- Debate Club:
- Book Club:
- HOSA: Every Thursday during Rec time.
Monday, May 8, 2023, 05:00 PM
Mimosa Hills Golf Club, Golf Course Road, Morganton, NC, USA
Monday, May 8, 2023, 04:30 PM
Mooresville High School, East Center Avenue, Mooresville, NC, USA
Tuesday, May 9, 2023, 04:30 PM
Fred T. Foard High School, Plateau Road, Newton, NC, USA
Friday, May 12, 2023, 05:00 PM
North Lincoln High School, Lee Lawing Road, Lincolnton, NC, USA
Vaccine Clinic for Meningococcal Vaccine
To get a time slot for this event, please email Nurse Lowe at email@example.com
Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 11:06 AM
North Iredell High School, Raider Road, Olin, NC, USA
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 04:30 PM
North Iredell High School, Raider Road, Olin, NC, USA
ASEC Student Highlights
Please feel free to email Mrs. Caldwell any pictures of your student. It can be sport pictures, volunteer pictures, JROTC, Band, any activities. We love showing off our students!