News from the Principal's Office
A&M Consolidated High School
Reflections from the week of 5-16-16
It is hard to believe that another school year has ended. As I reflect on the accomplishments of AMCHS, I am truly blessed and grateful for our students, teachers, parents, and the community for embracing our spirit of excellence. Though there are challenges that lie ahead, collectively we will continue addressing those barriers that prevent ALL students from succeeding. I challenge you to reflect on this past school year and address those areas where students underperformed and examine why. As a school family, we are committed in providing high-quality instruction for all students, maintaining a disciplined environment, integrating instructional strategies to support learning and empowering ALL students to reach their optimal level.
There is no doubt, the bulk of our work begins during the summer--learning new curriculum, designing new lessons, and planning. However, we must take care of our needs, rest, and relax and be ready to reach that next level of success.
You matter at AMCHS!
- Electronically sign all evaluation documents in Eduphoria
- Absences should be recorded in AESOP as soon as possible
- Keep your grades updated and contact parents of struggling learners
- UIL lists are due to Kendra Lundy 48 hours prior to the scheduled event
- Students who arrive to class must have an admit, a tardy ticket, or a pass
- Monitor students in the halls and inbetween each passing period
- Pick up Success Time passes before Success
- Success Time teachers should not write passes for students during Success
- Report to your scheduled 504/SPED meetings when invited
- Students who arrive late to ISS or who are absent will be required to makeup their missed time
- During Success Time, students should NOT be in the halls after the 11:08 a.m. bell
- Please park in your assigned parking spot
- T-TESS Rubric --2016-2017 evaluation instrument for teachers
5/26 Senior Picnic at 1:30pm (Olsen Pavilion)
5/27 Graduation at 7:00pm (Reed Arena)
***All professional staff must attend***
5/28 Staff Development (grab and go breakfast)
5/28 Food Pantry Fundraiser--Brazos Bombers Baseball Game
Senior Salute--Over $7 million dollars awarded
Katie Woodworth has been selected to serve as a Texas FFA Foundation Ambassador at the 88th annual Texas FFA State Convention
Spring Signing Ceremony--Ten Students Earned Athletic Scholarships
Educators recognized for their years of service in CSISD
Community Supports Tiger Trek 5K Color Fun Run
A&M Consolidated High School
To Educate the Hearts and Minds of Students for Life.
AMCHS is dedicated to educating and empowering students to become confident, resourceful, lifelong learners who are prepared for challenges beyond high school. Students of AMCHS will know the value of giving more than they take, will be responsible for their own actions, and will know that they are an important part of our school community.