Spring Hill Elementary
April Newsletter 2021
Principal Bailey's Blog
Iditaread We had a few students read their way to Nome! Way to go! PTA provided prizes for those students that read their way to Nome. Please look for our finisher list in the newsletter.
PEAKS Testing Please have students getting to bed early and ready to start the day. Peaks testing begins next week for 3rd -6th Grade students. Thanks to our wonderful PTA, they are providing snacks and gum for testing.
Elementary Summer School ASD Summer school will be available for students based on a teacher referral process. Please check out the website for more information. https://www.asdk12.org/Page/18116
Spring Hill Summer Program Spring Hill will be hosting a summer program for Spring Hill students only June 7th -18th. Please stay tuned as more information will be shared later.
ASD Climate and Connectedness Parent/Guardian Survey How do you feel about our school? Your opinion is important to us. Please complete the survey, the deadline has been extended to April 23rd .The survey results will be used to help us set school goals and make decision about how we will allocate our resources. https://surveys.panoramaed.com/aasb/asdfamily
We have a month and a half of school left and students have much to do and learn before we come to a close. As the daylight increases, please make sure your child is going to bed early and getting plenty of rest.
Saying Goodbye Each year’s end always bring about some change. This year, Spring Hill is saying goodbye to Ms. Falconer, Ms. Campbell, Mr. Collison and myself. Regardless of change I am looking forward to finishing strong!
Things You "Otter Know
- PEAKS Testing for 3rd through 6th Grade starting April 5th, up until April 15th. Please ensure your student is well rested, eats a nutritious breakfast, and is at school on time for the days of testing. Please avoid scheduling appointments on your child’s testing days.
- Elementary students will be asked to return their Chromebooks and power cords to their school beginning April 29- May 7. Detailed information about the Chromebook return process will be coming soon.
- IMPORTANT: Pre-enrollment is only available for the current 2020-21 school year. Pre-enrollment for the 2021-22 school year will begin on July 15, 2021.
- Students already enrolled can be re-registered for next school year 2021-22 on Q Parent Connect. https://parentconnect.asdk12.org/production/parentportal
Picture Day is Coming!
Please see link for ordering details.
Dates to Remember
- April 5th to 15th- PEAKS Testing
- April 14th- Mid-Quarter
- April 20th- Picture Day
- May 20th- Last Day of School
Congrats Iditaread finishers, you read your way to Nome!