How there getting destroyed an how YOU can help prevent it!
Whats causing threats to our Wetlands?
- Drainage an pollution runoff from farms (Pesticide)
- Extraction of materials such as peat
- Agriculture (BIGGEST THREAT)
- Industrial waste
- Construction of dams an dikes
- AN THERES MORE WERE THAT CAME FROM!
There are MANY more these are just what i thought of off the top of my head.
- We can spread the word to let everyone know about the distruction of our beautiful wet lands.
- Clean up crews to go to local wetlands an help cut back the trash/litter count in our wetlands
- Pass laws to lesson the amount of industrial waste companys are aloud to release into wetland areas.
- Create a policy for tourist to conserve wetlands like in national parks.
Wetlands are a wonderful place but why? What makes them wonderful?
Now that we've got you thinking would you like to learn more about the diffrent types of wetlands?
Marsh's: Here there in a layer of water covering they soil like a blanket all year long. With lots of cattails an reeds, fish an amphibians thrive here.
Bogs: This is a strange one. Moose, Beavers, an a variety of nesting birds thrive here along with peat (nutrition filled decayed plants)
Fens: This one the water is just underground causing the soil to be extremely damp creating an environment in which amphibians thrive.