The Weekly Howl
St. Francis Catholic School - Saturday, October 24th
Updated Guidelines and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Potential or Active COVID-19
Week of 10/25 - 10/31/2020
Monday, October 26th
- PE Uniform for 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Grades
- Last Day of 1st Quarter
Tuesday, October 27th
- PE Uniform 3rd Grade
- Hot Lunch - Healthy Culinary Concepts
- 3:00 - 4:15pm: Bake Club Group B in Fine Arts Building
- Feast of Saints Simon and Jude, Apostles
- 10:00am: School Mass
- PE Uniform for 5th, 6th & 7th Grades
- Hot Lunch - Healthy Culinary Concepts
Friday, October 30th
- 1:00pm: Halloween Parade Begins
The 1st graders had a busy week! Mrs. Safe taught them how to use the laptop computers. They are very excited to have laptops. They also learned about spiders this week in science. They made models of spiders from Styrofoam balls. They also watched a mystery science video on spiders and did an activity where they created a spider and made it run up a string.
Middle School Math
Thank you to our volunteer coaches; Coach Alexis Olivolo, Lori Taylor and Rich Harrison for your dedication and hard work for our young athletes! Thank you to all our parent volunteers who helped with concessions, tickets and scoring table. Lastly thank you to John Taormina, Mike Weaver and Stewart Misko for running another successful fall season for the SFCS Athletic Department!!!
FORMS THAT NEED TO BE COMPLETED
APPAREL PACKAGES FOR MEMBERS OF THE SFCS BASKETBALL TEAMS
SFCS BASKETBALL HOODIE SWEATSHIRTS FOR SALE
Please support our SFCS Basketball Program and consider purchasing our new school approved hoodies. These sweatshirts ONLY COME IN ADULT SIZES right now. Anyone can wear these sweatshirt…don’t have to be playing on one of our teams. Order deadline is next Friday, October 30th.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Coach Mike Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org
FSA Hot Lunch - Pizza Hut Friday RESCHEDULED!!!
The FSA's 2nd Annual Reindeer Run is Back!!! - Saturday, December 5th
Check Out More FSA Partner Programs That Are Available
New Partner Program
Pottery Jam 2020!!!
Halloween Trunk o' Treat - Friday, October 30th
It will be a new path this year since we will not be visiting the residents at Bloom. We still have many spots available for parents to decorate a trunk. If you would like to participate by decorating a trunk this year then please email Mrs. Markey at email@example.com. Parents that will be handing out candy at a trunk must wear a mask.
It will be a dress down day for the students prior to the parade. Students need to wear the portions of their costume that would require them to change privately in the bathroom to school that day. All other portions may be brought to school in a bag and may be put on in the classroom. Students will need to wear a face covering during the parade. As always, costumes must be appropriate and modest. Nothing too gory or revealing.
Parents will be able to watch the parade at a designated area this year from the church parking lot. Parents may not walk with the classes. Parties will also be closed to the students and teachers only.
We will send more information about the parade route and other information as it becomes available.
Annual Fund 2020
Parish Info and Updates
- Save the Date: Columbarium Service on Monday, November 2nd at 5:30 p.m. beginning in the Church and ending in the Columbarium.
- The Knights of Columbus online Christmas Card sale will end on October 29th. For the online instructions, please click on this link.
- The link to the SFCS 10 a.m. Mass on Wednesday may be accessed by clicking on this link.
- Confirmation 2 Class will be in person on Tuesday, October 20th at 6:00 p.m.
- Religious Education Class on Wednesday, October 21st this week for Communion 1 and 2
- Have you ever checked out our parish bulletin advertisers on the back pages of our bulletin? These local business owners/parishioners help support our parish through advertising in our bulletin. If you are looking for goods or services, check our bulletin first and support our local business and tell them you read about them in our bulletin!
- Mass link for the 4:15 p.m. streamed Mass.
- Just a reminder that the 8th Annual Marian Eucharistic Conference begins this weekend, October 24th and 25th. For more information or to register, please click on this link.
- FYI - Beaufort County has reinstated their Mandatory Mask Policy.
- The Angel Tree program will be coming in the next few weeks.