OGES Tech Newsletter
There are a lot of exciting things in the works for technology throughout the county. The first round of the refresh has already been completed. We should see more technology coming our way soon, as well as updates to our wireless networks. You now have many choices for checkout devices including the following: chromebook cart #1 (10), chromebook cart #2 (30), iPad 2's (set of 5), iPad mini's (set of 5) and two Nexus tablet sets with 5 devices each. Don't forget you can also sign up to use the newly refreshed 2nd lab!
- Please remind your students to sign out of any programs like their Google account and Reflex when they are done.
- Please be sure to check the calendars to find out if someone else has already signed up for the lab or checkout devices.
- If you borrow the iPads or Nexus 7's, please be sure to return them with at least 30% battery life.
This tech tip is a quick and fun way to access a timer to use in the classroom for an activity or for any reason at all!
- While in Chrome, you can just type, “timer 30 seconds” (or whatever time you need) into the location bar at the top of any page! Then press the “Enter” key to activate the timer.
- The timer will automatically start counting down.
- Click the speaker icon to mute the alarm.
- Click the frame icon to switch to the full-screen mode.
Want to share just a part of a YouTube video with your class? Here is a way to clip out just part of the video.
- Make sure you are logged into your Google account.
- Click the link above and make a copy of the template.
This will put the spreadsheet into your Google Drive. Once it’s there, you can use it over and over!
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to clip.
- Set the desired start and end time.
- That’s it. The links and embed code will be provided for you!
HERE is another great tool for some quick brainstorming with your students or other adults. Instead of just sharing a Google doc for people to add their ideas, we could use this tool and people can comment or vote on various ideas shared. It even allows you to set up a contest based on whose idea gets the most votes. Simply type in the question and share the link!
tricider - online voting and decision making