A WORD TO THE WISE...
*18 days and counting...5 to STAAR Math and 6 to STAAR Reading.
*TEACHER/NURSE APPRECIATION WEEK - We will be celebrating you this week! See the schedule below for more details!
* TEAM LEADER MEETING - Is Monday. We are going to finish out this year and shift our thinking to next year.
* BAD WEATHER INFORMATION - Thank you so much for your help today when we had to shelter in place. We appreciate all of your willingness to make room for an extra class, take your students back, or a variety of other tasks you were called upon for.
* MUFFINS WITH MOM - Friday will be Muffins with Mom. Students will be sent directly to class upon arrival so please be prepared for them.
* DR. PHILLIPS VISIT - Dr. Phillips was very impressed with the teaching she saw going on in the classrooms we visited. Thanks for being so amazing!!!
* CLOSED CAMPUS - Please help us remind parents that we will be a closed campus on May 13, 14 & 15 for STAAR Testing. Parents will not be allowed to have lunch during those days. Wording - we ask that parents refrain from coming to lunch on these three days to offer our testing students optimal testing opportunities.
* OUTDOOR CLASSROOM - I am in need of a group of interested folks to work on putting together fundraisers to help us reach our goal to build an outdoor classroom in memory of Mr. Wardrup. If you are willing to work hard and serve on this extra committee, please email me.
* STAAR - Please help us remind parents of all ages that we are a closed campus for STAAR testing the week of May 13. We will close the campus for Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday of that week. Monday and Tuesday for testing and Wednesday for make ups. If parents want to come for lunch that week, they need to come Thursday or Friday.
* RECESS - We need to be diligently monitoring recess from now till the end of the year. We are already seeing an increase in physical behaviors where students are getting hurt by each other. Make sure you have at least 4 teachers outside and that you each take a duty station to monitor.
* SAFETY COMMITTEE MEETING - Will be on Thursday, May 9 right after school.
* GUIDED READING LIBRARY - STAAR has arrived so the bookroom is now open only when Rachel, Kara or myself are in there. If you need in for books, please do not hesitate to find us!
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
Tuesday - Cart service treats just for you!
Wednesday - Surprise
Thursday - PTO Luncheon
Friday - Surprise
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Diana, Lisa L, Kim D, Elsy, Kaitlin, Raquel, Maria, Macy, Second grade teachers and Angel - for allowing an extra class of students into your rooms as we prepared for severe weather. Thankful we didn't need to "hunker down" but we were ready just in case! - Tami
Jan, Ginger, Claudia, Dakota, James, Shelby, Dena, Mendy, Chelsea and Shephanie - for being prepared to move quickly and without issue! - Tami
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
29 - Faculty Meeting
30 - Kim Dooley and Tami Miller's birthday, Dr. Phillips campus visit
1 - Principals' Day
2 - Second grade program
6 - Team Leader
6-10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
8 - Samantha Hier's brithday
9 - Teacher Appreciate Luncheon
9 - TOY/HOY/RISING STAR reception
10 - Muffins with Mom
11 - Rachel Miller's birthday
13 - STAAR Math
14 - STAAR Reading
15 - Chanda Hernandez's birthday
15 - SOURCE meeting
16 - Second grade math benchmark
19 - Jeff Dye's brthday
20 - Faculty Meeting
21 - Fourth grade to War Eagle Challenge
22 - Principals' Meeting/5th grade math placement test
24 - Fun Day
26 - Erin Ryan's birthday
27 - Memorial Day Holiday/Jeanie Wyatt's birthday
28 - Kinder Graduation/ORHS graduation
29 - Fourth grade graduation
30 - Last day of school/early dismissal