BACK UP: Bangkok Day 1, Friday
Welcome to DSIL! | TA: 10/10, TB: 11/21
Get Ready for the Day - Just Scroll Down
Arrival and Transfer Information for Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
For participants arriving at Don Mueang Airport (DMK), please see the note below.
Suvarnabhumi Airport has one large terminal housing both international and domestic flights. Please expect to walk between 5-20 minutes from your gate to immigration. There are moving walkways.
All arrivals arrive on Floor 2. After collecting your baggage and passing through customs, please follow the signs to the moving walkways towards the public taxis on Floor 1 or the Airport Rail Link (ARL) on Floor G. There are also private taxi options on Floor 2 just outside of immigration, but these are pre-paid and tend to be quite expensive.
Track A Hotel Name: The Inn Sala Daeng
Track B Hotel Name: Bangkok Christian Guest House
Airport Transfer Options:
Public Taxi Transfer
- Queue for a public taxi on Floor 1 of Suvarnabhumi Airport.
- Tell the queue attendant that you are going to Silom (see-lohm), The Inn Sala Daeng (Track A) OR Bangkok Christian Guest House (Track B).
- Show the taxi driver this map for The Inn Sala Daeng OR this map for Bangkok Christian Guest House.
Cost: ~300-350 Baht + 20 Baht airport fee + expressway toll fees (20-50 Baht) = ~400Baht/USD 12.50
Airport Rail Link (ARL) + Mass Rail Transit Subway (MRT)
Directions (see the button below for a Google Maps visualization):
- Purchase a token to Makkasan Station at Floor G of Suvarnabhumi Airport.
- Exit ARL Makkasan Station and follow the signs to MRT Phetchaburi Station.
- Purchase a token for MRT Silom Station and board a train towards Hua Lamphong.
- Ride the train for 5 stops and exit at MRT Silom Station.
- Take Exit Number 2. You should see the Dusit Thani Hotel on your left.
- Make a left at Sala Daeng Road around the corner of the Dusit Thani Hotel.
- Walk for approximately 2 minutes and turn right onto Sala Daeng Soi (Alley) 2.
- The Bangkok Christian Guesthouse will be on the right.
Cost: 71 Baht / USD 2.20 (City Line + MRT) or 116 Baht / USD 3.60 (Express Line + MRT)
Arrival at the Hotel
Please check in at the front desk, saying your name and that you are a DSIL course participant. They will ask you to register with your passport.
Arrival and Transfer Information for Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
If you are arriving at DMK, Bangkok's hub for AirAsia, Nok Air, and most other low-cost carriers, please contact the DSIL Team, and we will provide information regarding the airport transfer. Only taxi connections are available from this airport.
The Field Itinerary
Activities at a Glance
3-5:45pm - Meet the DSIL Team and other participants at the lobby of the guesthouse. The team will have your bag, guidebook, name badge and other goodies waiting for you.
5:15pm- Group Departure for Dinner from the guesthouse.
6:00-9:00pm- Evening Welcome Dinner on the Chao Phraya River with DSIL Leadership Team (we will depart for the dinner at 5:15pm; the cruise is from 6-9pm)