Cyber Bullying: It happens!
What can teachers do to identify and end cyber bullying?
Cyber bullying happens so often without anyone noticing...especially teachers! We are so focused on teaching our lesson, that there is little time to interact with students outside of the time they are given in our classroom. But just because we don't see cyber bullying happen, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Here are som helpful hints to identify and put a stop to cyber bullying.
- Recognize any drastic changes of behavior in your students
- Monitor the use of technology in your classroom
- Educate students on the effects and dangers of cyber bullying
- Encourage students to report any signs of cyber bullying
- Maintain a friendly environment at all times
- Make sure students know they can talk to you about any concerns they have at any time