Breakfast #1 Colorful Plate
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 1/4 cup cheese
- green onion
- 1/2 English muffin
- 1 tbsp Jam or compote
- Tomato grape halves and blueberries
- 1/2 cup of milk
Scramble the egg and add in the cheese and green onion then place on a plate.
Then add the rest of the components and serve to your toddler!
Has all 5 components of food plate
Lunch #1 Big Fish Little Fish
- 2 slices of Pepperidge Farm Bread - goldfish shaped
- 2 slices of Turkey
- 1 slice skim milk cheese
- lettuce and tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup baby goldfish crackers
- gogurt tube
Place gogurt and goldfish on the side and you will have a quick meal that the kids will love.
Has all 5 components
Lunch #2 Turkey Pinwheels
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 slices of turkey
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- spinach leaves
Spread hummus on bread the place turkey and spinach
Roll together and cut to look like pinwheels
Serve with a cup of fruit and cheese cubes with water or juice to drink
whole meal has all 5 components
Dinner #1 Asparagus Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- Cornmeal and all-purpose flour for dusting
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) asparagus, woody ends discarded and spears thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/60 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz/30 g) shredded Gruyère cheese
- Kosher salt
- Add optional chicken chunks for protein
- Make the dough and divide into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a disk, and let rise for a second time as directed.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Dust 2 large rimmed baking sheets with cornmeal.
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until softened and fragrant, 3–5 minutes. Strain the oil through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof bowl and set aside. Discard the garlic.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out 1 dough disk into an oval about 8 inches (20 cm) long, 4 inches (10 cm) wide and 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick. Pinch around the edge to create a 1/2-inch (12-mm) rim, and place the oval on one-half of a cornmeal-dusted baking sheet. Brush the dough lightly with the garlic oil. Arrange one-fourth of the asparagus slices evenly over the crust, leaving the rim uncovered. Sprinkle with one-fourth each of the mozzarella and the Gruyère, and a pinch of salt. Repeat to assemble the second pizza, placing it next to the first one on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Bake until the dough is set and golden brown and the cheese has melted, 10–12 minutes. Meanwhile, assemble the remaining 2 pizzas on the second pan and slip them into the oven when the first batch is done. Cut all the pizzas into pieces and serve.
- Serve with a fruit salad as an appetizer with ice water to drink
has grain dairy and protein
Dinner #2 Mini Asian Fish Cakes
- 2 lb cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, plus 1 cup for dredging
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Canola oil for frying
- Put the fish in a food processor and pulse just until uniformly minced, about 10 times. Be careful not to over process or the fish will turn into a paste. Transfer to a large bowl and add the eggs, the 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the cilantro, green onions, ginger, lime zest, garlic, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a rubber spatula, gently fold and toss the ingredients together until well combined.
- In a nonstick frying pan, heat a splash of oil over medium-high heat. Pinch off a small piece of the fish mixture and fry until cooked through, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust the seasoning of the remaining fish mixture if needed.
- Place the 1 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Shape the fish mixture into cakes about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter and 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Coat each cake thoroughly with the bread crumbs, shaking off the excess.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch (12 mm) into the frying pan and heat until hot and shimmering but not smoking. Working in batches as needed to avoid crowding, add the cakes, placing them about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart and fry, turning once, until golden brown and crispy, 2–3 minutes per side. Transfer to the paper towels to drain and season with salt while still warm.
- Transfer the cakes to a platter or individual plates and serve. Pass the dipping sauce at the table.
- Serve with a cup of kiwi on the side as well as a cup of milk.
whole meal has 5 components
Snack #1 Cake Batter Smoothie
- 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored, unsweetened almond milk (or use regular milk with a dash of vanilla extract)
- 2 tablespoons Funfetti (or yellow) cake mix (dry)
- 1 frozen banana (I like to peel and slice a banana before I freeze it. Then wrap the slices in plastic wrap and put in freezer until ready to use)
- 1-2 teaspoons rainbow sprinkles (for topping)
- Place yogurt, almond milk, dry cake mix, and frozen banana slices in blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour in glass and top with sprinkles.
has protein dairy and fruit
Snack #2 Fruit Salsa
- 1 Fuji apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together Fuji apple, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, lime juice, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice flour tortillas into triangles. Carefully place tortilla triangles into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place white sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock plastic bag. Drop fried tortilla triangles into the bag and shake to coat.
- Serve the cinnamon chips warm with the chilled fruit salsa.
has grain and fruit
Snack #3 Ants on a Log
- 1 large stalk celery, cut into 3 pieces
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Place the celery pieces on a clean surface, hollow part facing up, and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. Spoon peanut butter into the hollow, and arrange raisins on top.
- For a variation, you may place chocolate chips instead of raisins, or even both.
has protein, veggies, and fruit
Snack #4 Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Time to bake that sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes. (I'm sure you could microwave it, but I like the ole fashioned way. I'm just so ole fashioned)
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 350 degrees.
- Now add your wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8x8 glass baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.
- serve with glass of milk
veggie, dairy, and protein
Other Websites Used