Dangers of the internet.
Safety for children
Here are some of the top tips that I found useful for children.
1) Keep your privacy settings high on social websites,this means on websites like Facebook or Skype you go on your settings and you put it so only your friends can see your photos.etc
2) NEVER give out your passwords as people can get onto your account and change the password so you cant get on to your account. This then means that, that person can talk to your friends.
3) NEVER accept friend requests from people you don't know as you don't know who it can be.
4) Don't meet up with anyone you don't know.
5) Not everyone is who you think they are, to prevent this ask your friends, " who is .....".
6) NEVER give out personal details like phone numbers or where you live.
If you have done this and you need help then just go to http://ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
This link sends you to the website where you can click the report abuse button if you need the help.
Tips for parents.
Make sure that your children talk and web chat people they only know.
Learn how to report to CEOP if you are worried about online behavior towards your child.