Falling in gLOVEr with Literacy!
Literacy and Tech Night-Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Glover's Virtual Family Literacy and Tech Night
Tuesday, Oct. 27th, 6-7:30pm
This is an online event.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Click on the Glover Literacy and Tech Placemat below to access the Google Meet links! Links will be live at 5:45 pm.
HOW DO I GET TO THE MEET LINKS? WATCH THIS VIDEO TO FIND OUT!
Here are the sessions for you to choose:
- Chat with the Principal-Mrs.Vincente-Question and Answer Session (Grades K-5)
- Growing Writers-Ms. Kolar and Miss Albaugh-Is your child struggling with writing? Could you use some ideas to foster a love of writing? If so, please join this session to explore ways to grow and support our writers! (Grades K-5)
- Summary Framework-Ms. Matweyou and Mrs. Shoemaker-Support your child in reading comprehension. Use this after reading strategy to retell or summarize the books they read. (Grades K-5)
- Benchmark and i-Ready Support and Exploration-Ms. Becknell-Brown and Mrs. Floccari-Have you been wondering how to access your child’s reading program or need additional support for i-Ready? Please join this informative and helpful session to support your child on their literacy journey. (K-5)
- Early Literacy at Home-Ms.Carafelli and Miss Arsenault-Learn how to support your child’s early literacy skills at home through the development of hands-on activities and meaningful projects.(Grades K-5)
- Technology Support: Questions and Answers-Ms. Pribanich-A presentation of all the ins and outs of the APS Portal, Predominant Google Applications used by staff and students, as well as technological navigating through the use of tabs and bookmarks.(Grades K-5)
- Library Support-Mrs. Howell and Mrs. Withrow-Explore ways to support your child in checking out online books and accessing keyboarding. (Grades K-5)
- Phonemic Awareness and Phonics-Mrs.Powell-Learning to read with rhyming words.(Grades K-1)
- Keys to Reading Success-Mr. Pretzloff-Improving early literacy in partnership with SEI.(Grade K)
You may select various educational sessions regarding reading, writing, and technology.
Please remember, this will be a 100% virtual event!
Click on the Google Meet links to join each session.
6:00-6:30 Use the placemat that has all the live Google Meet links to join your first session! You will view the welcome video from Mrs. Vincente! You will participate in your
6:35-6:55 You will join your second session (of your choice) using the placemat with Google
7:00-7:20 You will join your third session (of your choice) using the placemat with Google
7:20-7:30 Please complete your Exit Ticket in your last session! We need your feedback to
ensure we can continue to grow better communication between the home and