November 23, 2020
Hello Southfield Regional Families
- Students are taking 7th hour and 8th hour class finals on Monday,November 23rd beginning at:
- 8:30am for 7th hour classes and
- 9:50 am for 8th hour classes
- November 30, 2020 will begin the 2nd trimester marking period.
- Students will find their 2nd trimester class schedule in MiStar beginning November 24, 2020.
- 1st trimester grades will be available on December 2, 2020 in the parent connect portal.
- Parents that are not able to view parent connect will need to contact the main office secretary, Ms. Watkins by email at; Lolita.firstname.lastname@example.org for your parent connect pin and password.
- Students, who did not master a course taken during 1st trimester, will be given an incomplete (I) for that class and will have an opportunity to demonstrate mastery for a passing grade.
- Students will be given until January 11, 2021 to prove mastery for all failed courses.
- Parents, please remind your scholars to utilize their teacher’s office hours for additional support with the completion of assignments and/or course content.
No School for Southfield Regional students:
School resume and 2nd trimester begins Nov. 30
Opportunities for High School Students
Zonta Club of Southfield Area will be hosting a virtual scholarship informational meeting on Saturday, December 5, 2020, at 11 a.m. for young women 16 -19 years old for the 2021 Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award. All interested candidates should attend via this link.
The Southfield Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is committed to helping young people succeed academically. This includes ensuring that students have access to the financial resources they need to obtain a college education. Scholarships are available for graduating 2021 high school seniors. Apply here by January 29, 2021.
COVID-19 Guidance for Holiday Travel and Gatherings
To ensure families do not miss out on being together during the holidays, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services issued guidance on traveling and gathering safely. Please read the full news release here.
University Middle and High School Academies Application
The Fall 2021 application for University Middle School Academy and University High School Academy is available here. New students entering 6th - 11th grade must apply by December 11, 2020, to take the exam. Open to Southfield and Lathrup Village residents only.
State Launches COVID-19 Exposure Alert App
As part of the continued efforts to slow the increasing spread of COVID-19, a COVID-19 exposure notification app is now available. The anonymous, no-cost, voluntary app lets users know whether they may have recently been exposed to COVID-19. Learn more here.
Oakland County Parks Late Fall Education Program
Oakland County Parks and Recreation has published their Late Fall Nature Education Programs. Oakland County Parks and Recreation are continuing to provide safe, socially-distanced nature programs for Oakland County residents. Check out the late fall programming here.
Return to School Updates
The 2020-2021 school year is underway, and the Southfield Public School District is committed to open communication that keeps our parents, staff, students and community members completely informed. We have established a web page where you can find information on our school reopening plans. Please continue to check here for updates.