Sunflower Pumpkin Patch
Help turn our foyer into a "Farm-Themed" Pumpkin Patch.
As a family, decorate a FARM themed pumpkin to be on display at Sunflower Elementary October 19-30. Think cows, pigs, farmer, etc... be creative!
Use any kid-friendly material (paint, cloth, paper, etc) to decorate your pumpkin.
Please, no carved pumpkins.
Prizes will be awarded to the top FARM themed pumpkins. There will be lots of fun unique categories.
Pumpkins may be brought to school October 19-28. Judging will be October 29th. Winners will be announced October 30th. Pumpkins will go home with students on October 30.
Halloween Costumes-Students will still be able to wear their costumes at school with the following guidelines:
- Students choosing to dress up may wear their costume to school. Students will not be able to change into their costumes during the day so it should be something they are comfortable wearing all day. As always, costumes should be school appropriate without reference to blood, guts, gore, and/or guns.
- Students are required to wear face masks; therefore, face paint and costume masks are discouraged. If a costume has a mask, the student will be required to wear a face mask underneath. A costume mask cannot be worn in lieu of a face mask.
Halloween Parties-Although we will not be able to have any visitors in the building. we will still have classroom Halloween parties. Each classroom teacher will send out information with their classroom specifics. All parties must have the following guidelines in place:
- All food items must be individually wrapped and store bought. We have made exceptions for things like store bought cupcakes and donuts. These items will be handed out by a masked and gloved adult in the room.
- All items should be sent to school with the student in the morning.
- Students may not hand out treats to other students this year.
- Games and activities will only be allowed if social distancing is possible.