As the heart of the gifted community, the mission of the SAGE Center is to ensure all students, as members of a global society, foster their uniqueness, develop their potential, and embrace their true belonging through learning experiences distinguished by:
- Courageous exploration and discovery of passions in a flexible and innovative environment
- Support systems for students, staff, and community
- Ownership and self-regulation in a student-driven culture
Home of the SAGE Illuminators!
We have had a wonderful kick off to the year! Students are getting into their routines, buses are running smoothly, and students are already learning each SAGE day! As we head into year four of the SAGE Center, we continue to take referrals for gifted programming K -12 from across the district. We are so excited to see each smiling face every day! We would like to welcome all of our new families to the SAGE Center and hope that you’re feeling an integral part of the community!
So far this year, our SAGE students have been busy getting to know classmates, creating a community of learners, reviewing expectations, establishing procedures, and beginning their unit of study ventures! We have also worked on our big three expectations of Being Professional, Being Responsible, and Being Respectful each day at the Center.
Great things are already happening, even in the couple of weeks that our students have attended.
Your Partner in Education,
If you haven't had a chance to read through the handbook, please take a few moments to read through it by clicking on the link so you're aware of the latest policies and procedures of SAGE.
Feel free to explore the advantages of Duke TIP offerings. The 7th grade Talent Search information is available now. The timeline has begun for registering your child. Click on the Duke TIP website for more information.
For the latest PAGS happenings and upcoming events, be sure to "LIKE" PAGS on Facebook!
As a PAGS member, you should be receiving emails from email@example.com. Be sure to send an email to that address if you are a member and do NOT receive an email soon.
SAGE Center Tropical Treasure Hunt Was a Huge Success!
PAGS is offering SAGE Spirit Wear to all SAGE families. There are two ways to order: Just scan the code below with your phone or click on the link above. Once the orders are completed, they will be sent home through the SAGE Center.
Updates from the SAGE Office
- Please see above for the link to the SAGE Parent Handbook. It includes all important information pertaining to procedures and policies for the SAGE Center.
- Students who ride the bus will be delivered and dismissed through the lower level bus loop. Please avoid this area when visiting the SAGE Center.
- Students who are dropped off or picked up from the SAGE Center should enter and exit from the South double doors of the Center. Please ring the door bell for admittance.
- Students should not be dropped off or picked up near the main entrance of the Northland Innovation Center as this is a public entrance for all tenants of the building.
- Thank you for for remembering that all Visitors to the SAGE Center should enter / exit through the South doors of the Center - near the 1st floor circle drive. Visitors will be required to show proper ID and receive a Visitor's badge before entering the educational wings. Please make an appointment with the SAGE teacher when requesting a conference.
- If you’re eating lunch at the SAGE Center with your child, please remember parents may sit at a designated table with his/her child. You may also bring food for only your child. Food may not be shared or purchased for other children.
- May be kept up to date by visiting the "My Payments Plus" link below located in the "SAGE Lunch Times" section. Free and Reduced Lunch applications are also available.
Thank you for adhering to the above policies and procedures.
SAGE Lunch Times
6th, 7th, & 8th grades - 11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
K - 3rd grades - 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
4th & 5th grades - 12:20 - 12:50 p.m.
PEGS - 12:25 p.m. - 12:55 p.m.
On several days of the week, the SAGE Cafeteria is a busy place! Due to minimal space, when visiting your child for lunch, you will be asked to sit at a Parent-Designated table with only your child. Thank you for your flexibility as we accommodate the various lunch shifts.
Please note that no child will be released to anyone other than the legal guardian(s) unless verified arrangements have been made in advance with the school office. Upon request of the office staff, proper identification may be required from those designated by a parent/guardian to pick up a child from school. Non-custodial parent rights are protected unless legal papers are on file with the school office that restrict these rights. When parents of a student are separated, involved in divorce proceedings, or are divorced, the school will respect the rights of the custodial and non-custodial parents equally except when a court order exists concerning special restrictions.
Note: Language must be specific to the school setting.
It is the responsibility of the custodial parent to provide the parent who resides with the child is known as the custodial parent. Parent rights include access to student records and school mailings, attendance at parent/teacher conferences and IEP meetings, and authority to request that a student be released early or be absent from school for a legitimate reason. If the non-custodial parent asks to take a child from school, the custodial parent will be called to explain the request. It is the responsibility of the non-custodial parent to inform the school office of his/her name, address, and phone number if they wish to be consulted regarding their child or wish to be placed on the school mailing list.
Please contact your child's Home School Office or the SAGE Office with questions.
How Can I Stay Current?
The SAGE Center latest news and information can be found throughout the week on Facebook, Twitter, and at www.nkcschools.org - click on SAGE Center (Gifted).
You can "LIKE" NKC SAGE on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @NKC_SAGE. Please also watch for periodic emails or phones calls from the Center.