The Junior Journey!
Keep your nose to the grindstone! ~ Mrs. Reimers ~ August
This year makes a difference!
Timeline in a glance:
- Maintain your GPA by putting forth full effort.
- Maintain or create your resume either with a word processing program or you can use Education Quest's Activities Resume.
- Do college and program research! Attend college fairs and decide which colleges you would like to start visiting this spring.
- Do scholarship research! Create a game plan for which college, outside, and local scholarships you are going to apply for. Organize by deadline order. Scholarship Quest can help you start gathering too!
- ACT or COMPASS - by Spring of your Junior year you should plan on taking the ACT or the COMPASS Test. Use John Baylor Test Prep to help you prepare!
College Fair! - September 18
National ACT Test Dates!
Fall 2017 ACT Testing Dates:
September 9, 2017
October 28, 2017
December 9, 2017
Randolph High School will once again be offering John Baylor Test Prep to help prepare for the ACT. In school Johh Baylor Test Prep Sessions will be offered mostly Tuesdays and Thursdays leading up to the October ACT. This will be located in the FCS classroom 3rd and 8th period. If you can excuse yourself from your 3rd or 8th period class, you are welcome to attend. Otherwise, you may study the John Baylor program independently.
State Required ACT Test - APRIL 4, 2018
Northeast Community College offers the ACCUPLACER Test
PSAT - National Merit Qualifiers - October 11:
I will be inviting the top 5 students to sign up for the PSAT Test. This test score can make you eligible for National Merit Scholarships. Go to the National Merit Scholarship Website for more information about what this opportunity can do for you.
ASVAB will be given Friday, January 19
College Recruiters/College Visits (Polish your handshaking skills!)
SPRING 2018 -
I highly encourage you to take advantage of college recruiter visits. Even if you are not really interested in a particular college, the more colleges you are familiar with - the more you may realize what you like and dislike. Upcoming College Recruiter visits will be posted on the bulletin board by the school counseling office.
College visits are HIGHLY recommended! It is extremely helpful to physically be at a college campus in order to know if it is a right fit for you or not. Schedule college visits through college websites and try to schedule for no school days. Please see Mrs. Reimers if you need help! :)