Fredericktown High School Update
November 3rd, 2023
November 2nd - 4th
- Fredericktown's Middle & High School Drama Club's Production of, It's Murder in The Wings - 7:30 on the Main Stage in the Elementary Commons
- OMEA Honor Choir- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM at The Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- State Championship Cross Country Meet- 10:45 AM at Fortress Obetz and Memorial Park
- Blood Drive at the HS/MS - 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
November 10th -12th
- FHS Marching Band Varsity Show - 7:00 PM - 9:00PM in the Elementary Commons
- Sophomore Knox County Career Center Visit
November 22nd - 27th
- Thanksgiving Break
Fredericktown's Boys Cross Country Team will be competing in the State Championship
When: Saturday, November 4th at 10:45
Where: Fortress Obetz and Memorial Park, 4175 Alum Creek Drive, Obetz, OH 43207
Veterans Day Assembly
All Veterans are invited to Fredericktown on Friday, November 10th at 8:30 am for donuts and coffee. We will have an assembly at 9:00 am.
October PBIS Students of the Month
Congratulations Lady Freddies on being District Runner-Up!
Please look over the following information:
Check out this Turn Up Youth Activism Internship Program
New Honors Diploma Requirements for Class of 2026 and Beyond
- High school students can gain state recognition for exceeding Ohio’s graduation requirements through an Academic Honors Diploma. High-level coursework, college and career readiness tests and real-world experiences challenge students.
- Students must meet all but one of the following criteria. Each of these criteria go beyond the standard requirements for a diploma for the classes of 2023 and beyond. Students must meet general graduation requirements and complete the requirements outlined below to qualify for honors diplomas. Students may replace one requirement of either 4, 5 or 6 with a “Student Strength Demonstration.” The previous requirements to earn an honors diploma are also available for students in the classes of 2023-2025.
ACADEMIC HONORS DIPLOMA
*Students can use OMJ Readiness Seal in 2 additional seal requirements if it is not used in Experiential Learning.
Requirements (State Minimum)
- Fourth math must be > Algebra 2
- One additional unit Advanced Science
3 Social Studies
- One additional unit Social Studies
4 World Languages
- Three sequential units of one world language, or no less than 2 sequential units of two world languages studied
- 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- ACT: Score of 27 or higher, SAT: Score of 1280 or higher
7 Seal Requirement
- Earn two additional diploma seals, not including Honors Diploma Seal
8 Experiential Learning
- Field Experience, OhioMeansJobs Readiness Seal*, Portfolio or Work-Based Learning
Student Strength Demonstration Replacement
- Students can use the Student Strength Demonstration to replace one of either the ACT/SAT, GPA or World Language requirement for any Honors Diploma. The Student Strength Demonstration options are listed below. The same options exist for each of the six honors diplomas* but, where relevant, should reflect coursework or experiences relevant to the theme of the Diploma. For example, a student earning the Academic Honors Diploma and using the College Credit Plus option to replace another requirement for the diploma should have College Credit Plus courses relevant to the Academic Honors diploma.
- College Credit Plus: 12 total College Credit Plus credit hours
- Advanced Placement: three courses with score of 3 or higher on AP tests
- Career-Technical Assurance Guide (CTAG): 12 total credits
- Apprenticeship/Pre-Apprenticeship: Completion or Evidence of Acceptance if required to be older than 18
- WorkKeys: Score of 6 or higher on all tests (*void for Career-Tech Honors Diploma)
- Armed Services Vocational Battery: Score of 50 or above on the ASVAB
- Work-Based Learning: 250 total hours of work-based learning
Early Action deadline to apply to some colleges begins November 1st. Be sure to check with each of your colleges that you wish to apply to. Regular action for some colleges is December 1st. If your son/daughter needs any help with applying to colleges, please let Mrs. Barta know. She is more than willing to help! Many colleges are waiving the application fee from October 1st to November 1st.
Schedule of Events:
- Tuesday, November 14- Sophomore visit to KCCC
- Wednesday, November 15- 8th grade visit to KCCC
- Thursday, November 16- Applications open for students interested in attending KCCC 4:30-midnight then it closes
- Thursday, November 16- KCCC Open House 4:30-6:30
- The KCCC Application opens up Thursday, November 16 from 4:30-Midnight and then reopens in December.
If you choose to not have your child vaccinated, an exemption form needs to be filled out and turned in as soon as possible. For those needing immunizations, appointments are available Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm at the Knox County Community Health Center, 11660 Upper Gilchrist Rd., Mount Vernon OH 43050
- Tdap/Td: Grade 7-12 One dose of Tdap vaccine must be administered on or after the tenth birthday
- MCV4 (Meningococcal): Grade 7 One dose of meningococcal vaccine must be administered on or after the tenth birthday. Grade 12 Two doses of MCV4. Second dose on or after age 16 years. If the first dose was given on or after the 16th birthday, only one dose is required.
Supporting our Freddies
Our priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of our students. We encourage everyone to actively participate in creating a nurturing environment that promotes open communication, empathy, and understanding. If you know a student who may need support, or if you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our social workers or school counselors. Working together, we can make a profound difference in the lives of our students.
Hannah Art, Social Worker
740-694-2781 ext. 3412
Cindy Truex, Social Worker
740-694-2781 ext. 3412
Karen Barta, HS/MS School Counselor
740-694-2726 ext 3411
Melissa White, Elementary School Counselor
740-694-2781 ext. 3410