4th Grade Roo News
Week of September 7th-11th
A Note From Your Teachers
We just wanted to say thank you for sharing your amazing children with us each day! The past couple weeks have been so fun and exciting getting to know all of our 4th graders. They are an awesome bunch and we can't wait to see what amazing things they accomplish this year! The sky is the limit!
~Fourth Grade Team~
Sept. 7 - Austin Splash Kingdom Night, 5:00-7:00, $7 per person
Sept. 11 - Lunch With a Loved One for grades 1st, 3rd, and 5th
Sept. 14 - Lunch With a Loved One for grades K, 2nd, 4th, and 6th
Sept. 17 - PICTURE DAY!
What We Are Learning
- Continuing our study of fictional text
- Finding the main idea
- Analyzing the characters
- Discovering the theme
- Making inferences in our reading
- Understanding the elements of the plot
** Students need to bring a picture of something special to them. It should be a person, place, thing, or activity. It can be a photograph, something printed out from the computer, or from a magazine/catalog/newspaper.
- Communicating ideas in our writing
- Writing a first draft
- Using a capital letter at the beginning and correct punctuation
- We will be learning about the four regions of Texas: Coastal plains, Central plain, Great plains, and the Mountains and basin.
- Multiplication Combinations
- Representing Data
- Classifying Matter
- Changes in Heat
Like Us on Facebook!
Austin Roos Give Back
Roos in ACTION!
All smiles in Ms. West's ELA class!
Ms. Ricketts' class using Kahoot It! to test their knowledge of factors and multiples.
During Social Studies, Mrs. Bloching's Roos took a virtual field trip to the state capital!