4 Jungian Archetypes
- Anima/Animus- the feminine side every male has/ the maleness side every woman has.
- Self- signifying the unification of consciousness and unconsciousness in a person, and representing the psyche as a whole.
- Shadow- unconscious aspect of the personality which the conscious ego does not identify itself.
- Persona- the social face a person presents to the world.
Inferiority and Superiority complexes
Superiority complex is a psychological defense mechanism in which a person's feelings of superiority counter or conceal his or her feelings of inferiority.
- The person who has superiority complex usually claims that his opinion is always better than others and that he’s more important than his peers.
Theory is not testable- lack of operational definitions and no way to measure results.
Many psychoanalytic concepts are impossible to disprove because even contradictory information can be used to support Freud's theory.