Facts about Child Abuse that you should know:
- 1 child dies every 5.5 hours due to child abuse and neglect, in other words 4 children die every single day.
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys are sexually abused by someone close to them, a friend or family member, by the time they turn 18.
- A child who is facing emotional abuse such as ignoring, rejecting, isolating, exploiting or corrupting, verbal assaults, terrorizing and neglecting, is usually also facing another form of abuse.
- A child dealing with chronic child abuse are more likely to develop anxiety, depression, dissociation, difficulty concentrating, academic problems, withdrawal, flashbacks, increase hypervigilence, and difficulty sleeping.
- One of the main reasons for parents to neglect or abuse their child may be due to stress from there own problems or they are intoxicated. They even may have to work constantly to provide for the child and the child may be home alone for a few hours till the parents get home.