May 12, 2023
End of Year Celebration Events
We are excited to celebrate our students' work and good character demonstrated throughout the 2022-2023 school year. For our kindergarteners, we will celebrate the completion of what for many was their first year in school on Thursday, May 25, at 9:00 in the cafeteria. For our fifth graders, we will be recognizing their step up to sixth grade in a ceremony on Thursday, May 25, at 2:00 in the cafeteria. Families are invited. These two ceremonies will each last around 30 minutes.
Other grade levels will have their end-of-year classroom recognition events in their classrooms on Friday, May 26. Parents will be invited to these celebrations as well, but are asked to limit the number of attendees to two family members per student due to space constraints.
- Pre-K - 11:30-12:00
- 1st Grade - 12:30-1:00
- 2nd Grade - 9:45-10:15
- 3rd Grade - 10:30-11:00
- 4th Grade - 11:30-12:00
Each student will be recognized in these classroom events which should last around 20-30 minutes.
To expedite the entry process to our Kindergarten and 5th Grade Step Up Ceremonies on May 25, and our PK and 1st-4th Grade Classroom Awards on May 26, we are asking for parents to pre-register so your raptor badge is printed and ready for you.
Please complete the appropriate form by May 19th at midnight. The Raptor badge will be available for pick up 15 min prior to the celebration outside the front of the office entry.
* If you have not had your ID scanned and a raptor badge printed for you this year, you will need to come into the front office prior to May 19th or you will be required to check in through the front office on the day of the celebration. This may delay your entry into the building and arriving to the cafeteria or classroom for the events.
Lincoln Mascot Has Arrived!
We are excited to announce that with the funds raised from our weekly "Hat Day," we were able to purchase our mascot costume. Students voted on the costume and the mascot's name. Today, at our 5-year celebration, students got to meet "Linc" for the first time, and there were smiles all around! Thank you, parents, for helping with this effort and for your support. Linc will be visiting us from time to time, at back-to-school events and special occasions. If you see Linc around, be sure to have a hug, high five, or smile ready.
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information to make a note of:
- Lost and Found - Please ask your child check the lost and found for any items they may have misplaced. It is overflowing with jackets and lunch kits. At the end of the year, these items will either be disposed of or donated. Contact the front office with any questions.
- This is the last week to complete the survey about your enrollment plans for next year.
- Be sure to pre-register here if you will be attending the PK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th End-of-Year Classroom Recognition Events on May 26.
- Pre-Register here to attend the 5th Grade Step Up Ceremony on May 25.
- Pre-Register here to attend the Kindergarten Step Up Ceremony on May 25.
- Art Night plates are ready for pick-up. See times below.
- Be sure to check out the MISD Summer Programs page for information about summer learning opportunities for your child.
Art Night Plate Pick Up Times
Week of 5/15
Monday, May 15:
- 5th Grade GT Field Trip
Tuesday, May 16:
- 4th/5th Choir Show - 6:00 pm
Wednesday, May 17
Thursday, May 18:
- Early Enrollment Students - Newcomer Event 5:00-6:00 pm
- Speech Pathologists Day
Friday, May 19:
- Battle of the Books
- 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Pre-K ABC Parade 9:00
- Wear Your Spirit Wear
- 5/22: MHS Senior Walk
- 5/25: Kindergarten Graduation/Step Up Ceremony 9:00 am
- 5/25: 5th Grade Clap Out/Step Up Ceremony 2:00 pm
- 5/25: No Lunch Visitors Due to Classroom Picnic Lunches
- 5/26: Classroom Awards (PK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) - More Info to Come in May
- PK - 11:30 am
- 1st - 12:30 pm
- 2nd - 9:45 am
- 3rd - 10:30 am
- 4th - 11:30 am
- 5/26: Last Day of School
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 457
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-April: 94.2%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 5/1-5/5: 94.7%
- 5/8-5/2: 94.8%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 5/8-5/12:
- Mrs. McClain - 98.0%
- Mrs. Moore - 98.0%
- Mrs. Bush - 97.8%
- Ms. Ott - 97.8%
- Mrs. Shaver - 97.6%
- Mrs. Thorp - 97.1%
- Mrs. Lehmann - 97.0%
- Mrs. Veillon - 97.0%
- Mrs. Hochhauser - 96.9%
- Ms. Radford - 96.8%
- Mrs. Torman - 96.0%
- Mrs. White - 96.0%
- Mrs. Herzog - 95.0%
**Shout Out to Mrs. McClain's Class for having the highest attendance rate for two weeks in a row!
**Shout Out to Pre-K!!! Both classes had over 96% attendance for the week!
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700