February 8, 2019
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, February 15th Last collection day for Wake Up & Read
- Friday, February 15th Early Release Day, 1:15pm
- Monday, February 18th, No School, Teacher Workday
- Wednesday, February 27th General PTA meeting in Creative Commons, 6:00pm
- Wednesday, February 27th Family STEM Night, 6:00-7:30pm
- February 25th-March 1st Staff Appreciation Week
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
- The Positivity Project - Weekly Character Trait
- Staff Appreciation
- Family STEM Night
- WAKE Up and Read Book Drive
- Homework Resources
- Yearbook Photo submission site
Character Strength: LOVE
You value close relationships with others and being close to people.
This character strength represents the way we think, feel, and behave towards the people with whom we have close relationships. When one person loves another person, that person: comforts and makes the other feel safe; sacrifices on the other's behalf; supports the other during struggles; and places the other's needs ahead of his/her own. Individuals with this strength might be described as devoted, loyal, dedicated, supportive, or committed.
Staff Appreciation is coming!
Family STEM Night!
On Wednesday, February 27th NC State’s Student Engineer Ambassadors will be at Penny Road to bring us a Family Stem Night. The event will be from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Be on the lookout for a volunteer sign up because we will need parents to help with crowd control. There will be a brief General PTA meeting beforehand at 5:30 pm in the Creative Commons.
MORE Homework Resources
Just a reminder that our Homework Resources for Parents page is growing! We now have ELA resources for Grade 3 through 5 and Math Resources for Grades 6 through 8 in both English and Spanish! This is a great way to engage families on how to have conversations with their child around their learning. You can find it by going to Parents, then Homework Resources in the drop down, on either the district site or on our school homepage.
We NEED yearbook photos!
Contact Mandy Patterson at email@example.com with questions.