The library in the world
Fantastic facts about the library
The Library of Congress is the biggest library in the world!
- The Library's mission is to support the Congress in fulfilling its constitutional duties and to further the progress of knowledge and creativity for the benefit of the American people.
- The Library of Congress was established by an act of Congress in 1800.
- There are 400 miles of bookshelves are in the Library of Congress
- Topics are American History, Arts and Culture, Government, Politics and Law, Maps and Geography, News and Journalism, Religion and Philosophy, Science, Technology and Business, Sports and Leisure, World History and Cultures
- There are 573551 pieces of sheet music are at the Library of Congress
- There are 1328 book and serial collections are in a language other than English
- There are 1969 American historical and cultural documents are available for free online through the National Digital Library Program
- The title of the newspaper I'd like to introduce is English of "Pervoye Sentyabrya"
- It's published in 2004
- It's issue e.g. 40/2004
- There are 32 pages in it. The main rubrics are English and Russian language, library, math, history, geography.
- It's a supplementary paper.
- You can read about Teachers Forum, Language skills, Methods of teaching, For your readers, Focus on literature, Focus on Language, Read Discuss, Around Russia, Life there, Youth English Section.
- The information in the newspaper is reliable.
- You can use for your classes, reports, homework, just for fun.
- There are some interesting rubrics in it: Library, History, English and Russian language.
- Some articles reveal the latest news in politics,music and art.
- You can read this newspaper on-line on the site https://ps.1september.ru/
I’d like to tell about the article "Why is tutoring it is bad? " in detail.
Does need libraries in the world?
Does need libraries in the world if there is an Internet? Library has always been a place of meeting different people and this is better than the internet. People come there to find new friends, a good book, the peace and quiet. This fact impressed me most of all there are 400 miles of bookshelves are in the Library of Congress.
I believe that libraries are needed because people need to have something not virtual.