Building a Shelter
How to make shelter on a tropical island
Steps To Build Shelter
- Palm Leaves
- Tree Branches- two y-shaped or lean the ridge pole branch against a tree
- Find an area where the wind is calm and you are near water and preferably a food source.
- Put one of the y-shaped branches 1 foot deep into the sand. Pack down the sand around it to make sure it's secure.
- Place the second y-shaped branch 1 foot deep, at least your body's length away from the other one and make sure it is secure.
- Take a branch that is as long as the space between the branches and place it in the Y. That will be the ridge pole branch.
- Stack other branches against one side of the ridge pole branch to form the frame.
- Lay palm leaves on the ground to lay on.
- Place palm leaves on the frame of the shelter to protect you.
You can also make a lean-to shelter where you take a ridge pole branch and lean it against a tree and make the rest like above.