BSE Bear Bulletin
December 18, 2015
Lunch and Rotation Schedule for Upcoming Week(s)
Week of January 4th , Week 2 on lunch menu
- Monday, 1/4 - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- Tuesday, 1/5 - Day 2
- Wednesday, 1/6 - Day 3
- Thursday, 1/7- Day 4
- Friday, 1/8 - Day 5
Week of January 11th, Week 3 on lunch menu
- Monday, 1/11 - Day 6
- Tuesday, 1/12 - Day 1
- Wednesday, 1/13 - Day 2
- Thursday, 1/14 - Day 3
- Friday, 1/15- HALF DAY, Student's dismiss at 12:01p.m.
NO School on Monday, January 18th - Martin Luther King Day!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A GREAT FIRST SEMESTER. I'M HOPEFUL THAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE A RELAXING, SAFE, WINTER BREAK. I LOOK FORWARD TO AN OUTSTANDING SECOND SEMESTER.
Something new coming to BSE for 3rd and 4th graders!
Learn about STEM Scouts & tour the Vortex (mobile lab) at the Brooks Elementary Open House on January 14, 2016 from 6:30p.m. - 8:00p.m. Look for brochures to come home after our Holiday break.
For more information visit www.stemscouts.org/Indianapolis
Car Rider Parents READ THIS!
HCCTA tennis club for 3rd and 4th grade at BSE
Is your 3rd or 4th grader interested in learning tennis? Please register him/her at this link: http://hccta.org/brooks-school-registration/
The dates are as follows: January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3 from 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the BSE gym.
Volunteer in the center of the action in a beautiful space! Be a library volunteer!
Sign up online:
Any questions regarding volunteering in our library can be addressed to our Media Specialist, Kristin Patrick - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for considering volunteering!
On December 1, 2015, the HSE family celebrated our tremendous faculty and staff by donating $35,000 and flooding social media with compliments. The Foundation is incredibly grateful for the generosity shown by our community and excited to turn your commitment into action for our students. We invest; Teachers innovate; Students Achieve! Please consider following us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn for updates on the projects you have inspired! Also, check out this super sweet video featuring your favorite students, neighbors, and staff: https://youtu.be/9vioy_0uDT0! Have a very happy holiday season!
Thank you to BSE PTO
Also, thank you for coordinating the Winter Community Celebration for the BSE Students!
Earn Money for BSE While You Shop!
Did you know that you can earn money for BSE while doing your normal grocery and holiday shopping? The following programs all earn money for the school, without you purchasing anything outside of your normal spending.
- Visit smile.amazon.com and search for Brooks School Elementary PTO in Fishers, IN as your charitable organization.
- Then be sure to always go to smile.amazon.com to place your order!
Register Your Kroger Plus Card
- Go to http://krogercommunityrewards.com and create or sign in to your online account
- Brooks School Elementary is organization #10435
- Present your card for discounts and to earn money for the school every time you shop
- This program earns cash for the school, and not only is it easier than the previous program, our earnings have increased!
Register Your Marsh Fresh Ideas Card
- Go to www.freshideasforeducation.com and use code 28437
- If you registered last year or earlier this year, you do not need to do it again
- Present your card for discounts and to earn points for the school every time you shop
- This program specifically funds gym and playground equipment, as well as other basic supplies
- Target cards not only earn you 5% off all of your purchases, you can designate Brooks School Elementary and earn money for the school as part of their Take Charge of Education Program.
- Enroll your Target Card, Target Visa or Target Check Card at target.com/tcoe or by calling 1-800-316-6142 and using BSE identification number #120043
- We will continue to earn money through the school year, so it's not too late to sign up and use your card!
SHARE THE FUN!
The Fun Guide is filled with programs and events that offer various opportunities to try new things with friends. Share the Fun Guide to invite your friends to enjoy all that Fishers Parks & Recreation has to offer!
· Share via Email
Fishers Parks & Recreation 2016 Fun Guide Now Live
The year may be coming to a close, but Fishers Parks & Recreation isn’t slowing down in 2016. The January through April Fun Guide is now live, offering residents of all ages opportunities to explore events, initiatives and programs, coming soon! The Fun Guide is electronic, meaning that families have the convenience to access it online, at any time.
This season, visit the Fun Guide for additional details about:
- Ways to volunteer and get engaged with our department! We’re always looking for ways to connect residents of all ages with meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Large, community-wide celebrations, including Winnie the Pooh Day, Heart Hikes, Spring Movies in the Park and Arbor Day. These unique events offer opportunities to explore our facilities, celebrate the vitality of our community and make meaningful memories!
- Brand new programs! Our recreation staff has created many new programs for residents of all ages. Don’t forget to visit the programs section for details.
The Fun Guide also includes information about our brand new destination facility, Flat Fork Creek Park, and information about facility rentals that may be perfect for your next gathering. Don’t take our word for it, visit the Fun Guide online today and begin bookmarking pages of interest and securing a spot in programs that fill quickly.
12690 Promise Road
Fishers, IN 46038
Spring 2015 Registration for baseball, softball, soccer, boys and girls lacrosse, rugby, track and field and boys volleyball will take place during the month of January. Online registration will open on January 1. The registration forms will be available on the S.P.O.R.T.S. website, at all HSE schools (after January 5), the Fishers Library and the S.P.O.R.T.S office. Parents who register with a paper registration form will need to submit the form with check or cash payment. Credit cards are not taken in the office. Parents registering online can pay online with a credit card or can print the registration form and submit it to the S.P.O.R.T.S. office with check or cash payment.
Collision at the Coliseum – Come out and cheer on the Royals and Tigers! Tickets are being sold at the S.P.O.R.T.S. office through 11:00 a.m. on Friday, December 18. Advance ticket sales are $7 and $10. The girls game begins at 6:30 p.m. with the boys game following at 8:00 p.m. S.P.O.R.T.S. office hours are M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Southeastern Rugby - Rugby holiday camp for Grades 2-6: Session 1 December 21-22, Session 2 December 28-29, visit http://rugby.hsesports.org. Registration for 2016 rugby season starts January 1. Email SEYouthRugby@gmail.com for details.
S.P.O.R.T.S. Boys Volleyball – Boys volleyball will be offered in the spring of 2016! Registration will begin on January 1. Plans are being made for a season beginning in April after spring break. It will be a 6 week session for boys in grades 4-8. A board will be formed in February to finalize the details. Please contact Marcy Morrolf with interest or questions, email@example.com or visit the S.P.O.R.T.S. or volleyball website for more information,
HSE-Fishers Boys Lacrosse will be holding stick skills clinics on January 5, 12 and 26 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend, but stick skill sessions are geared towards players new to lacrosse or with 1-2 years of experience. We will focus on basic stick management, passing and techniques. These stick skill sessions will be held indoors and the cost will be approximately $45. To register or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSE-Fishers Boys Lacrosse Callout Meeting – If your son is interested in playing SELECT or TRAVEL lacrosse this spring and you weren’t able to attend the first callout meeting, it is important that you attend the callout meeting on January 13. We will be announcing some important changes to the program. Topics will include travel and select boys lacrosse. We will discuss team structure, tournaments and lacrosse in general. Parents are encouraged to attend if their sons are interested in trying out for travel or select lacrosse. Select teams play rec lacrosse as well as limited travel tournaments. A third call out for rec lacrosse will be held in February. The meeting will be held in the Billericay Community Room from 6:30-8:00 p.m. You can reach boys lacrosse at email@example.com or Daniel Coppersmith 501-1871.