News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - November 6, 2020
- November 18th: We will be holding a virtual general PTO meeting at 7PM. Mrs. Adelman will introduce herself to the community and provide Warwick updates. The link to this live virtual event will be published in next week's newsletter.
- Warwick Spirit Wear sale now open. Click here! Please see flyer below
Congratulations to our pumpkin contest participants! Click here to view our pumpkins!
1st: Charlotte Miguelez - Holtzman
Hon Mention: Kevin McEvory - Holtzman
1st: Aurora Zappa - Devine
Hon Mention-Alex Mesropyan - Devine
1st: Delaney Aluise - Fay - Collins
Hon Mention: Derek Brenchley - Collins
1st: Brooklyn Aluise - Kirsche
Hon Mention: Joey Bentrim - Jacobs
1st: Giovanni Bellucci - Dessalet
Hon Mention: Alana Kroth - Dessalet
5th Grade: No submissions
1st: Mackenzie Aluise - Endy
Hon Mention: Katrina Bentrim - McGettigan
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
Each year, our Warwick Elementary School Community comes together to ensure the holidays are joyous for our families with our Holiday Giving Project. To adhere to our health & safety plan, rather than wrapped gifts, we are requesting families consider donating gift cards this year. With your help, we can share a gift of happiness and a moment of relief to a family in need.
If you would like to donate a gift card, we ask that you click on the sign-up genius to select the type of card you will purchase on your own. Choices include gift cards from Wawa, Giant, Amazon, CVS, Walmart, or Gas cards. Sign-ups will remain private (other than to Mrs. Sleicher & Mrs. Adelman).
We’ll also be hosting a food drive to collect items for families in need. Homerooms will be assigned a particular item to purchase at the food store (see picture below). Students who attend school can bring the item in to put in a classroom bin. Students who are virtual learners can participate if they choose, by dropping off items into bins we will have placed in our atrium lobby.
We are asking that all gift cards and food items be delivered to Warwick no later than Nov. 20th.
We thank you again for your generosity and for sharing the spirit of giving this holiday season.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.