BACK TO SCHOOL EDITION
SCHOOL STARTS MONDAY, AUGUST 8TH!
Dear Eisenberg Families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We hope you are relaxed, recharged, and ready to begin!
As we prepare for the upcoming year, our team will be focusing on the following goals, which will undoubtedly help all students thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Work diligently to meet the diverse needs of our students by using data to identify specific student needs across all grade levels
- Emphasize meaningful, timely feedback to help students work towards academic mastery
- Embed critical thinking, a growth mindset, and student discourse across all content areas
- Implement positive behavior supports and clear, consistent expectations for student behavior in all areas of campus
Each year brings positive change and this year that includes a few additions to our staff. We are delighted to welcome Tina Brunetti (4th Grade), Lena Ekman (1st Grade), Lorena Estevez (Early Childhood), Cheryl Fennewald (Math Strategist), Katie Moore (3rd Grade), and Rena Mullen (CTT). Please be sure to say hello as you see these staff members around campus!
One of the greatest characteristics of the Eisenberg learning community is the genuine care and compassion shared between staff, students, and families. I eagerly look forward to greeting students and families again. It remains an honor and privilege to serve as your principal. Together, I know we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all children.
All the best,
KINDERGARTEN BRIDGE - THIS TUESDAY!
To make the transition smooth for your children, all kindergarten students are welcome to come to a half-day session from 9:00am – 11:30am on August 2nd to get a tour of the school, practice school rules, and meet some of their classmates!
MEET YOUR TEACHER THIS FRIDAY!
- 12:00 - 1:00: Last names beginning with A through M
- 1:00 - 2:00: Last names beginning with N through Z.
EISENBERG SUPPLY LIST
DROP OFF AND PICK UP INFORMATION
*School starts Monday, August 8th!
AM - DROP OFF
Breakfast Time: 8:30 a.m.
- Students eating breakfast may enter the school through the west entry, by the multipurpose room. We encourage these students to arrive at 8:30 so they have plenty of time to eat before instruction begins. Bus students, and others who enter campus after 8:30, will still be given the opportunity to eat breakfast at school.
- All Kindergarten students will go to breakfast as a class after the 8:50 bell.
Gate Arrival Time: 8:40 a.m.
- Students must not be dropped off at the gates prior to 8:40 a.m., as there will be no supervision until that time.
- Only students are allowed on campus before school to meet their teacher.
- All students are assigned, by grade, a specific gate to enter the school to ensure proper social distancing. Please see the gate assignments pictured below.
- The Bus Lane is not open to traffic so please plan on using Gowan, Quadrel, and Delhi only.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten students and their siblings may utilize the front Kiss 'n Go loop with their Dash Pass. (These will be handed out at Meet and Greet and on the first day of school.) There will be no parking in the Kiss 'n Go.
- AM Pre-K families will drop their students off on the side of the building so they can begin breakfast in the lunchroom.
- Throughout the first week of school, teachers will meet their students outside. After that, students will enter their assigned gate and walk DIRECTLY to class, following the same route they’ve followed with their teacher.
- At this time, students will enter the school with their teacher for morning announcements.
- Please have your child enter through the main office into the school and go directly to their classroom.
PM – PICK UPDismissal Bell: 3:11 p.m.
- Students will exit out their assigned gate. If students are being picked up together, they may exit out of the youngest sibling's gate.
*Please click on the file below the map for specific Kiss 'n Go directions.
HOT BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
- Menus will no longer be sent home every month. The menus can be found at ccsd.nutrislice.com.
- It is highly encouraged to practice opening and closing lunch boxes and any other items. This will help to ensure student safety as others will not have to handle their materials.
- This week is a great time to have your children practice opening up their own lunch items to prepare them for school!
Online registration must be completed before your child can participate.
- New students: Click on the Registration Portal link on the Safekey website at www.lasvegasnevada.gov/safekey.
- Returning students: Log in to your account at www.lasvegasnevada.gov/safekeypayments and click on the Registration tab.
- Please call 702-229-KIDS (5437) with any questions.
- When your child is absent from school, please fill out this form within 3 days stating the reason for the absence.
- If you prefer, you can also send an absence note with your student within three days of the absence.
- Upon entering a Clark County School District (CCSD) facility, visitors must complete a Visitor Questionnaire and Acknowledgement, which includes a symptom self-check form. Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; CCSD cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your attendance at an event/CCSD site. Per state and local guidelines, individuals are strongly recommended to wear a face mask indoors, stay home when an individual is sick, and practice good hand hygiene.
- Volunteers are allowable by appointment only and with approval from the school principal. They must follow all health and safety protocols and must be badged if they will have unsupervised contact with students. Masks and six feet social distance are strongly encouraged.