E3: The Countdown Begins!
E3- Each and every TCS graduate will be enrolled, enlisted, or employed.
Senior year is an important part of this process. To help you stay on top of activities and deadlines, we have created the Senior Timeline Campaign. On the first Friday of each month, look for key actions that you should take to help secure your future. Keep up with your to-do list and stay on track toward meeting your goal. We are here to help!
Your September To-Do List
Firm up your post-secondary plans during your one-on-one with your school counselor.
Are you planning to ENROLL?
Check out Shelton State on Your Campus!
Take the ACT!
Deadline to register is 9/22/23. If you qualify for free/reduced lunch, see your school counselor for an ACT fee waiver.
Tuscaloosa Area College Fair
Wednesday, Sep. 20th, 8am-12pm
9500 Old Greensboro Road
The Gates Scholarship
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African American, American Indian/Alaska
Native*, Asian/Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0
- scale (or equivalent)
Nike HSI Scholarship Program
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited, public or not-for-profit, four-year university that is officially designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) – as defined by the Higher Education Act of 1965. For more information, visit the US Department of Education NCES list.
- No documents are required for the successful submission of Phase I. In October, students selected to proceed in the application process will be required to submit their undergraduate transcript(s), financial aid award letter, and enrollment verification.
- Students who are first-year undergraduates, and who do not have undergraduate grades for summer/fall 2023, must submit their high school transcript in October, if they proceed in the application process. Students who submit a high school transcript must have obtained a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
The deadline to apply is 10/2/23 at 5 PM EST.
- Currently enrolled high school/home-schooled students attending school in one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or select DoD schools who will graduate high school during the 2023-2024 academic school year (students graduating from an American or expat school abroad are not eligible for this award; individuals who have already graduated from high school are not eligible)
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees - based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Expecting to receive high school diploma during current academic year
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Able to verify a minimum overall B/3.0 GPA in high school coursework
Are you planning to ENLIST?
Sign up to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test.
See your school's Career Coach for more information.
Are you planning to be EMPLOYED?
Update your resume!
Check out the Nucor Technical Academy!
The application window is open now!