Stremelstein's Classroom News
Mrs. Himelstein & Ms. Stremel- First Grade Room 202
March 21, 2016
The Great Kindness Challenge : Please see below for the Great Kindness Challenge Spirit Week.
Classroom Basket Coordinator: Just a friendly reminder that this Wednesday, March 23rd is the last day to make a donation to our classroom basket. Thank you to the families who have already contributed.
Spring Break March 28-April 1: Enjoy your Spring Break with your families and see you back at school on Monday, April 4th.
SEES Teacher Experiences Raffle 2016 Drawing
The live drawing will be held at the school assembly at 2:30 p.m. on March 22. The more tickets you buy, the more chances to win! Our Teacher experience is a Bowling Extravaganza! Winner +1 for Bowling @ San Marcos AMF on April 22nd, @ 4pm. 100% of proceeds benefit SEES PTO supported programs like science, music, art, classroom technology and much more!
Glass Jars: Please save your glass jars (7oz -25 oz) for a class project in May. Please remove labels & write your child's name on the bottom with a sharpie. Please send them in as they become available. If you have extra, we'll need them:) THANK YOU!
Wish List: We are in need of wipes (Clorox, Baby Wipes, Seventh Generation etc.) for our classroom. We are also in need of Expo Markers. Thank you for your generosity!
Dates to Calendar
Character Trait for March is TRUST
3/14-3/24 Great Kindness Challenge
3/21-3/25 Great Kindness Challenge Spirit Week:
Monday- Crazy for kindness: Crazy hair day
Tuesday- Highlight Kindness: Wear Neon
Wednesday-Team up for Kindness: Wear your favorite team jersey
Thursday- Peace, Love & Kindness Day: Hippie Attire
Friday- Together we can achieve Kindness: Wear school colors or school gear
3/28-4/1 Spring Break- NO SCHOOL
4/15 & 4/16- SEES Country Fair
- Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
- Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text.
- r controlled vowels
Spelling Words of the Week: Word Wall Words, Word family Words and Challenge Words
Word Wall Words: each, family, I'm, most, year
Word Family Words: car, jar, star, herd, fern, flower, first, girl, shirt, burn, surf, turn
Challenge Words: jaguar, another, twirling, sunburn, surfboard
addition, add, addend, sum, subtraction, subtract, equation, equal sign, true equation, false equation, count on, count back, make 10, place value.
Math-Addition & Subtraction
Addition & Subtraction: 1)Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems.
2) Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10
3) The commutative property shows us that we can add numbers in any order and still get the same sum. 4) The equal sign in an equation means "the same as" the quantity on one side of the equal sign should always be the same as the quantity on the other side of the equal sign.
- Write informative/explanatory texts in which students name a topic, supply some facts about the topic and provide some sense of closure.