WEST NILE VIRUS IS TERRORIZING STEINVILLE
WEST NILE VIRUS IS VERY DANGEROUS AND HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS
SYMPTOMS TO WATCH FOR
- severe headaches
- painful body aches
- joint pain
- rash (usually on stomach or chest)
WEST NILE VIRUS AREAS
Mosquitoes are commonly found in areas with stagnant water such as:
- bird baths
- bottom of trash cans
- clogged gutters
WAYS TO PREVENT INFECTION
- always wear insect repellent when outdoors
- wear longs sleeves and long pants from dawn to dusk.
- repair window and door screens
- use air conditioning if you have it
- empty out any stagnant water around your house
Treatment & Vaccination Information
There is no treatment for West Nile virus other than taking over the counter pain medicine to lower your fever and relieve some of your symptoms.
There is no available vaccination for West Nile virus.