Stop Teen & Youth Suicide
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death in people ages 10-24
- More teens die from suicide than cancer, pneumonia, influenza, AIDS, and lung disease combined.
- One in 11 teens have attempted suicide.
- Each day, there are approximately 5,400 suicide attempts in teens and youth in the US.
- Typical depression/suicide causes for teens are: trouble at home, bullying, various forms of abuse, and academic struggle.
Suicide is 100% preventable. Anyone considering suicide needs to reach out for help. Someone, somewhere, is willing to talk. Reach out to a parent, friend, teacher, or anybody else you can trust. The national suicide hotline is 1(800) 273-8255.
If you know someone who you think may be considering suicide, please talk to them. Remind them of the positives in life. Life is always worth continuing.