Stop the Texts Stop the Wrecks
Natalie Herklotz and Alex Ianni
2. Five seconds is the average time your eyes are off the road while texting. When traveling at 55 mph, that's the amount of time to travel the length of the football field.
3. Reaching for a phone, dialing, texting and other uses of devices increase the risk of being in a wreck by 3 times.
4. 97% of teens agree texting and driving is dangerous, yet 43% text and drive anyway.
5. 9 in 10 teens expect a reply within 5 minutes, which puts pressure on people to reply while driving.
Proposal: Anyone who is caught texting while driving gets their phones destroyed.
1. No wrecks caused by phones
2. Safer environment
3. Number of Wrecks will decrease
4. Passengers will feel safer
5. Police officers make more money off tickets in the beginning