May 26, 2023
In This Issue...
- A Message from Marcie
- Go Penguins - Final Countdown
- Cradles to Crayons Donation Drive
- Other Important Info...
Don’t miss the PTO Spotlight:
- Cradles to Crayons Donation Drive
- School Supplies on Sale through June 1st!
- Yearbooks are In
- Helping Hands Volunteers
- And much more...
A Message from Marcie 👩🏻💻
Thanks for a great week, South Park!
This week, we kicked off our Go Penguins 10-Day Countdown! We have 7 days left, which is hard to believe! Next week, the only day students may want to dress up is for Field Day next Friday. Below are the Field Day colors for each grade level:
FIRST GRADE (BLUE)
SECOND GRADE (GREEN)
THIRD GRADE (GREY)
FOURTH GRADE (WHITE)
FIFTH GRADE (BLUE Grade Level Shirt)
Since we do not have a rain date for Field Day, only heavy rain or thunderstorms will keep us from taking our students outside. If you remember last year, we held Field Day outside in the drizzling conditions, and fun was had by all! If we have a similar situation, we recommend sending your child to school with an extra set of clothes. Our fingers are crossed for a rain-free Field Day next Friday!
Our word of the week was "mundane," and this week has been anything but that! Our dedicated teachers and staff continue providing engaging and interactive activities to ensure that your children make the most of their final days at school while continuing to learn and grow.
Have a wonderful long weekend!
Go Penguins - Final Countdown
Donations Requested on Friday, 6/2 for Helping Hands Day!
From the District
ICYMI: A One-Question Survey On How DPS 109 Is Doing
As part of our mission & vision process, the Deerfield Public Schools District 109 administration established several key performance indicators for the district, which are updated and reviewed at various points throughout the year. One of the newest KPI's, which is being measured for the first time here, is a Net Promoter Score. Simply put, we want to know how satisfied you are with your overall experience with our school district.
Here is a Google Form that will ask you "How likely are you to recommend Deerfield Public Schools District 109 to a friend or colleague?" on a scale of 1 "Very Unlikely" to 10 "Very Likely"
Please rate the district accordingly. There is also an optional space provided where we encourage you to leave feedback about your score so that we can learn and grow from what you share. Your response is anonymous.
Other Important Information ⚠️
- All visitors to South Park School MUST bring a valid driver's license or state ID card to the main office before entering into the building. Beginning this year, we will collect IDs during your visit and return it to you as you leave.
- If your child is going to be absent from school, you need to call or email us by 9:00 that morning. ** Call 847-945-5895, ext. 2103 and leave a message OR ** Email Nurse Nora Moskos.
- When parking in our Birchwood parking lot, please remember that our preschoolers are dropped off and picked up by the west end (closest to the school). Sometimes, their parents' cars can block a parked car from exiting for a few minutes. To avoid that, we suggest that you park closer to Birchwood Avenue.
- Please follow our morning procedures, and drop your children off at their regular grade level doors. If you choose to drive through the front circle at arrival, kindly stay in your car when you drop off to help us reduce morning congestion.
- Drop-off is between 8:35-8:45 a.m. Students who arrive after 8:45 a.m. will need to enter through the front door of the school, as all other doors will be locked.
- Dismissal for all Kindy and 1st-grade walkers and car riders will take place at their grade level door. Parents who park in the front circle should wait until 3:10 p.m. to do so.
- Dismissal is at 3:25 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. We dismiss at 2:25 on Wednesdays.
- Our practice is to let kids go outside if the temperature/wind chill is 10 degrees or warmer and it is not raining or snowing too hard.
Important Dates 📅
Wednesday, May 31st - 5th Grade Picnic
Friday, June 2nd - Field Day/Helping Hands Day
Tuesday, June 6th - 5th Grade Variety Show - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 7th - School's Out at 11:40 a.m.