Mrs. Murphy's Musings
News from Room 22 - June 12, 2014
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Being the teachers that we are, we have come up with some summer goals for all of you.
The First Grade Team
1. Have lots and lots of fun!
2. Enjoy childhood- both as parents and children
3. Keep those math skills sharp! Practice with flash cards, worksheets, or computer games.
4. Read great books. These are some authors and series that the children have enjoyed reading in class. These are just some ideas to help you when you are at the local library or bookstore. Please feel free to explore other great authors and their works.
· Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne
· Jigsaw Jones Mystery series by James Preller
· Animal Ark series by Ben M. Baglio
· Cam Jansen books by David A. Adler
· Arthur chapter books by Marc Brown
· Marvin Redpost books by Louis Sachar
· Books by Suzy Kline (featuring Marvin or Horrible Harry/Song Lee)
· Books by Barbara Seuling (featuring Robert)
5. Work on your Compass Learning assignments and Dreambox activities.
6. Try some of the web links for kids from Ms. Abelar's website.
7. “Engage the Brain”- http://sbsd.schoolwires.net/domain/795
8. Check out the following website for more ideas: https://www.sandiegofamily.com
9. Have a terrific summer!!