Week of: February 11 - February 15
McAllister Elementary School
Committed to Excellence and Success in All We Do!
Dedicated to rigorous educational tasks that challenge and motivate students while always being focused on continuous improvement.
Need quick access to curriculum materials? Click Here
Exciting week ahead with Valentine's Day and on the verge of an extended weekend. Please maintain those high expectations and continue to challenge your kiddos in the midst of all the fun. With Valentine's Day there is often and influx of candy, cards, etc ; please ensure that our students with allergies do not get their hands on something that would affect them negatively.
As a reminder, every Monday is a "Mindset Monday"! Pair your mindset shirts with denim to kick the week off in style while focusing on our 7 Mindsets!
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a WONDERful Week!
- Club Photos - Due ASAP - Send to Ms. Shultz
- Book Swap - Monday, February 4 - Friday, February 15 - McAllister ES
- Professional Learning - Tuesday, February 12 @ 3PM - McAllister ES
- No School - President's Day & Faculty PL - Monday, February 18 - Tuesday, February 19
- Family Fitness Night/PTSO Meeting - Thursday, February 21 - 6PM - McAllister ES
- Send Yearbook Photos to Shultz - NLT - Friday, March 1, 2019
- Read-A-Thon - Monday, February 25 - Friday, March 8 - McAllister ES
- Fine Arts Night/PTSO Meeting - Thursday, April 4 - 6PM - McAllister ES
- Mother/Son Baseball Game - Friday, April 12 - Richmond Hill HS
2nd Annual EdCamp Bryan
EdCamp Bryan is an awesome way for teachers to connect & share innovative & inspiring best practices with one another! We hope to have all schools represented in Bryan County and also teachers from other counties. At EdCamp, you will learn from talented & engaging educators! We are also grateful to our community sponsors who are ensuring that teachers leave EdCamp not only with amazing ideas and instruction, but also resources, prizes, & professional learning literature!
DATE AND TIME
Saturday, March 23, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
East Campus Cafeteria
Richmond Hill High School
1 Wildcat Drive
Richmond Hill, GA 31324
The registration link will go live on February 14, 2019! Stay tuned!
Making Moves at McAllister
Use this form to acknowledge the good hard work your peers around you are doing - these will be posted weekly as a form of encouragement/acknowledgement. Because after all - You ALL deserve it!
- To Everyone Involved in the Father/Daughter Dance from ALL the dads in attendance: Thank you all for giving your time to pull off such a feat, making it such a special night and wearing a big smile all the way through the process. McAllister would truly not be the same without the outpouring of faculty support for events such as this! You all rock!
- To Ms. Carter and Ms. Reed from Anonymous: Thank you for keeping reminders positive no matter how many times we forget to do attendance or have a student that forgets a water bottle! We appreciate all you do to keep MES running.
- To Ms. Stubbs from 4th Grade Dream Team: Thank you for your contagious enthusiasm for life! The 4th grade team is lucky to have you to make sure we all stay focused, get the job done, and have fun while doing it!
MES is going to have a school wide Book SWAP!!! I know, I know, more stuff, but this is going
to be easy, fun, and support Read-A-Thon.
Beginning Monday, February 4– Friday, February 15, students may bring “gently used” books to swap. All we ask is that you have a box, or special place in your room where the books can be deposited. Classroom teachers will give students a swap ticket for each book donated. The maximum number of books a child can swap is three! Additional books may be donated, but
students may only receive 3 tickets. Teachers please hold the tickets until the day of the Swap.
We will send out a schedule for your students to attend, this will take place Wednesday,
February 20 – Friday, February 22 in the PL Room. Students from BETA Club will collect the
donated books on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Please peek at the books donated to ensure they meet “gently used” book criteria:
- Books must be appropriate for grades PreK-5
- Books must be in gently used condition: cover on, no rips, tears
- Books with coloring or writing in them will not be accepted
- Coloring books, activity books, and sticker books will not be accepted
- Books from kids’ meals will not be accepted (Chick-fil-a, McDonalds, etc.)
There will also be a “Staff Swap” available for those staff members who wish to share and find a new good read. A box will be placed in the mail room for donations and displayed during the Swap. Staff swap is on the honor system, no tickets necessary.
Thank you for helping to make this another great event at MES!
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
McAllister Elementary School
Living History Walk - Black History Month 2019
Candygrams to Support LLS (2/4-2/13)
Family Fitness Night - 2/21
Save them All - We need your pop tabs!
In a school of over 135 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Take a look into the daily happenings at McAllister! #MESrocks - Click here to check out our Twitter Feed and Follow us @McAllister_ES to see more pictures like those featured below.
Click here for access to all of your child's schedules so that you know how to prepare them for their specific specials class or know when to come to school for lunch.