Social Media Project
By: Kassi Margelofsky
3 Types Of Social Media
An image hosting and video hosting website.
A way to connect with others or contact others. Create pages to advertise.
Pinterest is an online service that allows you to share images through social networking. An example of Pinterest is the website where you have a "pinboard" that allows you to post ideas that you want to remember and then share them with your friends through Facebook.
Beneficial and Harmful Ways
- Dentistry's use Twitter to share ideas and information quickly and see updates faster among other dentists
- By sharing this information, dentists and hygienists can learn new techniques and learn from past experiences.
- It is a way to follow other employees or dentists and learn about their dentistry and share links and also to connect with patients.
- Sharing photos with patients and other businesses
- Events or good information can be posted to specific Facebook business pages that clients can like or share
- Dentistry's can post or "pin" items about ways to help your teeth, or what brushes to use, what toothpaste to use; things like that.
- Can use clients "before and after" photos of techniques to get a good reputation and help others if needed.
- Twitter is good communication in all but it only allows 140 characters and sometimes that may not be enough for dentistry's to explain information or help
- Twitter can be distracting. Links may lead to other distracting websites, it can interrupt them while working
- Sometimes can work really slow and not upload something in time or even at all
- Some pictures or even stories can scare away clients and make them not want to go to a certain dentistry
- Some methods and pin's posted could be false and not work
I think that social media in the workplace is a good and bad thing at times. It can give out really good reputations or really bad reputations. It can also help places a lot, it can give new amazing ideas. At the same time it can also be a distraction. Overall I believe it helps in the workplace.