Girl Scout Troop 363
Meetings every Wednesday @ Hilltop Methodist Church 6-7 PM
Whole Troop News
- We are going to participate in SOCKTOBER! See below for details!
- Check out your small group's update below for this week's activities.
- Have you marked your calendar with the activities we have planned? There are a few special things coming up in November and December you will want to be aware of.
You can also check out the website here:
For the month of October, our troop is asking to collect new socks and travel sized supplies to donate to the homeless shelter. We need packages of men's full knee socks and any items that will fit inside!
Help your scout collect from family and friends throughout the month of October, and bring everything to our November 2nd meeting.
If you have any questions, contact Jamie - 801-577-0471
Examples of supplies: chapstick, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, comb, etc.
Important Troop Dates
- November 16th - Thanksgiving celebration
- December 14th - Caroling - location(s) TBD
- January 4th - Cookie Rally
- May 6th - Mother/Daughter Tea
- June 7th - End of the Year Celebration
The Daisies met Harmony this week… she taught us about being friendly and helpful. The girls thought about things they could do at home to be helpful to their parents. We talked about gathering items needed for school and checking the weather the night before to make sure the morning goes smoothly as everyone is heading out the door. We made signs for their “homework station” so they can designate a place to do their homework on their own and the girls talked about helping out with household chores. Their challenge for next week is to tell us at least one thing they did to be friendly and helpful. We are confident our girls will have lots of examples!
The girls now have their promise center and light blue patch on their Daisy smocks… take a look and congratulate them on the good work!
Next week we will meet Charity who will teach about being considerate and caring. Our collection for Socktober will fit right in with this lesson. Don’t forget to keep collecting your socks and supplies…
10/12-10/26 – Complete Journey
The Brownies had a GREAT paint night! Our girls are very talented! We posted pictures of each girl on the troop Facebook page, so be sure to check those out.
This coming week, we will start the Wonders of Water Journey. Each girl need to buy her book to fully participate. If you have questions about that, please reach out the Jenny or Grace.
10/12 - Painting
10/19 - WOW Journey
10/26 - WOW Journey
11/2 - SOCKTOBER!
11/9 - WOW Journey
11/16 - Thanksgiving Celebration
This week Jamie taught the girls about Geocaching. They learned what a geocache is, how to find out, and they even got to see the Travel Bug sticker on Jamie's Jeep! She challenged the girls to find 2 geocaches before our next meeting. You can find the app for your phone, and an account is free! Let her know if you have any questions.
Then Rebecca taught the girls how to make a friendship bracelet using yarn and a cardboard circle. They had a ton of fun working on those, and each girl took theirs home to finish. The girls will need to bring their completed bracelets (or another small trinket) to trade for any geocaches they may go find at our next meeting. Make sure your girls finish that up and they do NOT want to forget it at home...
This coming week we are going to finish up our geocaching badge by going to find a couple of geocaches that are close to the church. It will be a fun adventure!
Below is our tentative schedule for the coming months:
10/19 - Geocaching
11/16 - Thanksgiving Celebration
11/23 - No meeting
11/30 - Drawing Badge
12/6 - Jeweler Badge @ Discovery Gateway (This is an extra activity. The troop will pay for the girls, but we need to know if your scout can attend - please let Lori know ASAP so we can make sure they have a spot!)
12/7 - Drawing Badge
12/14 - Caroling
12/21 - Holiday Party
12/29 - No meeting
1/4 - Cookie Rally
1/11 - Cookie CEO
1/18 - Cookie CEO/Savvy Shopper
1/25 - Savvy Shopper
2/17-18 - We are considering doing another Journey in an Overnight. Will your scout be in town that night and able to join us? Let Lori know, and we can get it on the calendar.
- Why dues? The dues you pay will help us to participate in activities, make crafts, and buy badges/patches/awards for all of the scouts. We also use the money to help make our celebrations special with a treat and some inexpensive decoration. We do try to keep our expenditures to a minimum.
- How much? This year we are asking for $120 per girl. That is a little less than $15/month.
- What about snacks? We have decided to NOT do regular weekly snacks this year. This makes clean-up easier, is easier to schedule, and we won't have to worry as much about loading up our girls with sugar just before bedtime! We will still have special treats when we have special activities, but the troop will take care of those.
- How do we pay? We are asking for 2 payments this year (rather than monthly) to make it easier to remember and collect. Want it even easier? If you pay the for the entire year before September 30th, we'll take $10 off!
- When do we pay? If you choose to pay in 2 payments, please pay $60 by September 30th and the remaining $60 by January 31st.
- Where do we pay? You can make a check out to Girl Scout Troop 363 or if you would like to pay via PayPal, please use "send money to a friend" at email@example.com.
- What if I can't pay that much? We do NOT want to have a girl not participate for this reason. Just talk to Grace Acosta privately, and we are more than happy to make accommodations.
- What if i have other questions? Contact Grace Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-699-0550.
One Girl Scout can make a difference, but together we can ROCK the world!
Upcoming Council Activities
- If your scout misses a meeting, read this newsletter to find out what she can do to make up the activities at home and still earn her badges!
- If you have any favorite songs or games you would like to share with our girls, just let us know and we would be happy to have you lead it!