Hello Hall Families!
The holiday season is upon us, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. We have three weeks until the end of the semester and it is important that students, teachers, and families work hard these next few weeks to finish strong and ensure a successful fall semester. Please let us know how we can help.
Principal: Stephanie Wynne
Assistant Principal: Justin Hooten
Assistant Principal: Annie Pinion
Dean of Instruction: Marilisa Moore
Cómo traducir el boletín al español
A Message from the Attendance Office...
My name is Natalia Poland and I am the new Attendance Clerk here at HMS. I am excited to be a part of the team that services your child. I wanted to send some reminders regarding attendance.
- Each semester a parent can send up to three parent notes to excuse absences. Each note can excuse up to three consecutive days. After the three notes have been sent, a doctor's note is required in order to excuse an absence.
- The state requires a student to be in attendance 90% of the time the class meets. This means whether or not an absence is excused, every day counts. Please make every effort to have your child to school on time every day.
- If it's easier for you to email a note to me, you can send it to email@example.com.
I thank you again for allowing me to be of service to you and your family. If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
HMS Attendance Clerk
Phone: 817-598-2822 Ext3903
A Message from the Grizzard Regional Institute of Technology Principal
8th Grade Parents,
Before the break, we had a fun and busy week with your 8th graders! It was such a pleasure to get to know many of them and tell them about the awesome opportunities we will have next year in our GRIT program!
I just wanted to remind you that the applications are OPEN! Many students have already applied and I’m looking forward to seeing even more over the next few weeks!
Important Links for GRIT:
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions! I’m always happy to help!
Grizzard Regional Institute of Technology, Principal
Please join PTA to support our school!
1- Choir: Winter Concert (7:00, Ninth Grade Center)
3- Choir Performs at Christmas on the Square (1:00)
7- College Colors Day
13- Yearbook Picture Re-takes
15- Band: Winter Concert (6:30, Durant Auditorium)
16- Early Dismissal
16- End of the 3rd 6 Weeks
Dec. 19-Jan. 4: Winter Break (no school)
3- Professional Development Day (No School)
4- Teacher Work Day (No School)
5- Begin the 4th 6 Weeks
11- College Colors Day
16- No School
*Keep reading below for more information about each event!
Early Release Schedules for December 16th
Elementary 7:50 am - 11:50 am
MS 8:05 am - 12:05 pm
HS/NGC 8:15 am - 12:20 pm
*Child Nutrition will be preparing grab and go lunches at all campuses.
THANK YOU HALL FAMILIES!
We had a total of 894 packs of gravy and mashed potatoes! That's amazing!
Pajama Day is next Friday, Dec. 16th.
- Dress code must be followed!
- If students wear onesies, they need to have dress code compliant clothing underneath.
- No hoodies or hats.
Thank you for your help and support of Center of Hope and our Student Council!
From the Counseling Crew...
Our Roos Choose character trait for the month of December is GRATITUDE. HMS Roos choose to show appreciation and return kindness.
- Counselors will be in 8th grade Employability Skills classes Dec. 6th and 7th for our 8th graders to complete their 9th grade endorsement commitment and course requests with the NGC and HMS counselors.
- All 8th graders are invited to the ROO EXPO event which will be held at WHS on Dec. 1st from 5-7 PM.
- We will have a Counselor Connection Night for parents of current 6th and 7th graders on January 5th to discuss registration for the 2023-2034 school year in the HMS Library from 6-7 PM. Please join us!
Important Registration Dates
Dec. 1- ROO EXPO at WHS and parents are invited to PTECH Meetings
Dec. 6/7- Hall rising 9th grade registration in Employability Skills classes with NGC and HMS Counselors
Jan. 5 - Rising 7th & 8th grade (current 6th & 7th grade) registration meeting at each campus with advanced academics information
Jan. 30- Rising 6th (current 5th graders) grade parent registration meeting at each campus with advanced academics information
Jan. 9-20 & 23- Rising 7th grade registration meetings - 6th grade social studies classes
Jan. 23-Feb.3- Rising 8th grade registration - Data/Professional Development classes
Feb. 10- MS tour for rising 6th grade
Feb. 10-24- Rising 6th grade registration - will be entered by HMS Counselors after forms are turned in by elementary schools
Contact the Counselors
Darla McKinney- School Counselor
Last Names A-L
817-598-2822 x 3902
Robin Bagley- School Counselor
Last Names M-Z
817-598-2822 x 3918
Sarah Reno- Intervention Counselor
817-598-2822 x 3913
Please have your student fill this out if they need to see one of our counselors.
Jr. Belle and Blue Belle Tryouts
Auditions for the 2023-2024 Blue Belles are February 13-16, 2023. Auditions are open for current 8th graders. If you are interested in auditioning, scan the QR code on the poster below!
Reserve your student's yearbook today!
From the Nurses' Clinic
Kanga Care- Telemedicine
Please see the attached flyers on Kanga Care FAQs and instructions on how to enroll your student for Kanga Care. Remember, sign up for Kanga Care now if you would like your student to be tested or seen by our PCHD doctor at any point during the school year.
If you would like your student to have medication available to them on campus, an adult MUST be the person to drop off medication in order to sign the correct forms. Students are NOT permitted to carry medication on them unless they have a doctor’s note filed in the clinic stating otherwise. This includes prescription and over the counter medication.
In regards to COVID, please refer to the WISD FAQ link below. There you will find multiple links to CDC, TEA and UIL websites supporting our FAQ. If your student tests positive for COVID please contact the nurses' clinic or attendance clerk and we will guide you through the process.
We are here for you if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for helping keep our students healthy and safe!
Kelsey Ward, RN
Kirstin Mitchell, LVN
817-598-2822 x 3910
Parent Lending Library
PARENT LENDING LIBRARY: Please explore the document below to see the parenting resources available for check out. Call or email Mrs. Jester for more information.
Please let me know if there is any way I can help.
Stephanie Jester, 817-598-2822 ext. 3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Attendance at the secondary school level is taken every class period and students are held accountable for attending each individual class.
HMS has five 30-minute lunch periods:
- Lunch A: 11:18 - 11:48
- Lunch B: 11:50 - 12:20
- Lunch C: 12:22 - 12:52
- Lunch D: 12:54 - 1:24
- Lunch E: 1:26 - 1:56
- Parents who bring lunch to their student will be required to go to the front office, present their ID, and complete the Student Food Delivery Form. Once the form has been approved, the food will be delivered to the HMS cafeteria during your student's lunch.
- Parents who would like to eat with their student will be required to get a visitor’s pass and eat in a designated area. Other students will not be allowed to eat with you.
- No restaurant delivery services are allowed. Only parents/guardians may deliver lunch to their student.
- Parents may bring food for their student only.