Anderson Weekly News 12/11/23
You are part of our TEAM!
Dates to Remember
Want these dates to automatically show up on your digital calendar? (Click here and Subscribe)
- Fri Dec. 15th - 3rd Grade Sing Performance 6:00 PM
- Wed. Dec 20th - Tekakwitha Woods Walk During PE
- Fri Dec 22nd - Student Holiday Sing @ 1:30 PM (Students and Staff Only)
- Fri Dec 22nd - Holiday room parties 2:20 PM
- Sat Dec 23rd thru Jan 8th WINTER BREAK (Students Return 1/9/24)
- Mon Jan 8th - NO SCHOOL- School Institute Day
- Tues. Jan 9th Welcome Back from Winter Break
- Tues. Jan 9th - Talent Show Auditions 3:00 - 4:30pm
- Tues. Jan 9th - PTO Meeting in LRC 7:00 (more info below)
- Thurs. Jan 11th - Talent Show Auditions 3:00 - 4:30pm
- Mon. Jan 15th - MLK Day - NO SCHOOL
- Thurs. Jan 18th PTO Dineout - Portillos in Elgin 5-8pm (more info below)
- Fri. Jan 19th - PTO Bingo Night at Anderson 6:00 pm-8:00pm (more info below)
- Wed. Jan 24th EARLY RELEASE at 2:10 pm
HOLIDAY SPIRIT WEEK STARTING NEXT WEEK AT ANDERSON
ANDERSON PTO (Image below is a link to our Website)
DENTAL SERVICES AT ANDERSON THRU THE MOBILE DENTIST
The Mobile Dentist is scheduled to come to Anderson Elementary on Monday, Feb. 7, 2024 They will be setting up a mini-dental office in our building and will provide dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments and sealants (if needed) for all children who return completed forms.
There are 3 payment options available to you – Medicaid/All Kids, private dental insurances and if children have no insurance, a reduced rate of $70 is available.
Permission forms will be sent home with students in their backpacks prior to the event. If you would rather sign up online, here is the link https://www.myschooldentist.com/AFSCIL_schsrm
Please consider taking advantage of this great program.This is a great opportunity to help with Kindergarten and Second grade compliance for their needed exams.
Please call the Health office with any questions. We look forward to assisting in providing oral health care for your child.
Elizabeth Seeger RN
Invite from Compass Academy - All District 303 families are invited
District 303 is pleased to present its lineup of Parent Education sessions for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Parent Education series (formerly Parent University) includes informational meetings and workshops intended to empower parents and guardians to support their children’s academic, social and emotional needs. Become informed on specialized topics, engage in two-way dialogue with speakers and fellow parents, and become a support resource for others.
Sessions for this school year will focus on bullying prevention, addressing anxiety, and include film screenings and discussions about the impact of screen time and cultural awareness. The schedule also includes college preparation workshops hosted by our high schools. Sessions were selected based in part on feedback from District 303 parents.
Explore the full lineup of sessions here. Signup forms for each session will be made available closer to the session dates. New this year, you can also register for Parent Education notifications and receive alerts as new information and session recaps become available.