For Year Round School
DID YOU KNOW...
Since 1980, 95% of schools trying Year-Round School have returned to a TRADITIONAL calendar.
Numerous Downsides to Year Round School
No Positive Effects On Education
- All those 15-day breaks disrupt the learning process
- No evidence of higher test scores
Adds to Costs
- Air conditioning year round
- Utility bills grow due to the extended opening time
- For example, a high school in Arizona had a cost increase of $157,000 when they switched to year-round schooling
Disrupts the long awaited summer vacation
- Difficult to coordinate family vacations
- Children would not be able to attend summer camps
- One expert, Dr. Peter Scales, says, “The biggest plus of camp is that camps help young people discover and explore their talents, interests, and values
And now...for some "expert" opinions!
Anti-Year Round School