NCVPS ESPAÑOL 3
WEEK 8, AUGUST 7-11
WITH SRA. BEVERLY AGUIRRE
Please speak with your student and make sure they complete all units of the class including the Final Required Live Class, the Final Exam and the Final Project.
There are two parts to the Final Project. There is the project itself (Part 1) and a reflection in English (Part 2). The Final Project/Exam count 25% of a student's final grade. 12.5% for the Final Project and 12.5% for the Final Exam.
When completing the exam section -- there is only one attempt. The exam consists of about 5 sections with approximately 30 questions. It is not timed.
The class will close this Friday, August 11, at 11:55 pm when the Final Exam/Final Project are due. (Units 5-8 will close on Wednesday, August 9.) I will have everything graded (hopefully) by Monday morning, August 14. I will be submitting grades for my grade report on Tuesday night, August 15. I will contact a student if there is a problem with the link that they have submitted for their project or any questions that I may have. I will also send out a message to students when I am done grading so that they can check grades.
This week we are also working on Unit 8, Las Artes. Please note this unit has 5 lessons. Students need to finish Unit 8 by Wednesday, August 9 when Units 5-8 will close. Then they will have Thursday and Friday to complete the Final Exam and Final Project.
Final Project info
Some tips for the Final Project!
- Don't forget that the Final Project has two parts, the project and a reflection (the reflection is in English).
- Make sure to do both parts!
- Use a web 2.0 tool. (Google Slides and PowerPoint are not acceptable.)
- Make sure to have an audio that is separate from your narrative. (Don't read your narrative for your audio.)
- Make sure to have a Works Cited for pictures even if the pictures are your own or from the Web 2.0 tool.
- Make sure you have vocabulary and grammar from each unit!
- Write good sentences, don't make lists of vocabulary words.
- Proofread your project before submitting.
- Make sure to do both your Final exam (12.5% of your final grade) and Final Project (12.5% of your final grade) .
Change in the procedure for Unit 7/8 project
In order to help students complete the final assignments this week, we made a change in the U7/8 project which will now be a part of the Final Project. Below are the directions given to the students in an announcement this past Monday, July 31. As always please let me know if you have any questions.
INSTRUCTIONS for 7/8 representation on FINAL PROJECT:
- You are going to create an extra slide linking units 7 (las carreras y el trabajo) and unit 8 (el arte) as part of the final project. This slide will serve AS your Unit 7/8 project grade, as well as being part of your final project.
- You are going to describe 1 different career as an artist (singer, architecture, painter, composer, etc). For each one you should answer these questions with content:
- ¿Qué tendrá que estudiar o aprender para vivir de su profesión? (use the future)
- ¿Qué tendría que hacer este artista para encontrar trabajo? (use the conditional)
- ¿Qué es lo bueno y lo malo de ser artista? (use LO + adjective constructions)
- Make sure you use the grammar requested and vocabulary from the units. Check listas de vocabulario.