News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - May 20, 2022
- All school evacuation drill - more information below
- PTO Meeting at 7PM in the Warwick Library
Tuesday, May 24th:
- 6th Grade Middle School visits
- Rita's Celebrity Scoop - more information below
Thursday, May 26th:
- Red, White, and Blue Day
Friday, May 27th:
- No school for students
Monday, May 30th: No School - Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 31st: Field Day (Rain date - Tuesday, June 7th) - schedule is included below
Warwick PTO News and Updates
UPDATE: The form for committee selection has been updated. Please resubmit if you have already completed to include your name and e-mail address. Sorry and thank you! We are in the process of finding chair members for our Warwick PTO Committees for the next two-year term. If you would like to be considered for any of the following committees please fill out the form. If you are currently chairing a committee and would like to continue in the position, thank you for completing the form so we know you are still interested.
- PTO meetings will be held on Monday, May 23rd(Proposal of the 2022-23 PTO Budget and Tuesday, June 7th (we vote on the 2022-23 budget)
- The week of June 27th we will be having a PTO basement cleanout. If you are interested in helping to clean/organize the basement at Warwick please send an e-mail to Meghan Wojewodka email@example.com
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
The Central Bucks School District is committed to providing the safest possible environment for its students and staff. In order to maintain a safe learning enviornment, we constatnly work with state and local police to learn and implement best practices in school safety and security.
Part of our security drills include an evacation drill. This procedure would be used in an event in which we would need to evacuate Warwick for an extended period of time and provide a reunification plan for parents and students.
We will be conducting this drill on Monday, May 23rd in the morning. Local police, district security officials, and our school CERT members will be assisting with this drill. I will send an e-mail on Monday morning after we have completed our drill.
Please remind students to wear sneakers.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Field Day Schedule - Parent visitors please check in the main office for a visitor badge first!
Outdoor Classroom Day
Visit www.cbsd.org/register for more details, including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students. PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING RIGHT AWAY IN ORDER TO AID THE DISTRICT IN ITS PLANNING FOR 2022-2023.
Warwick Kindergarten Kick-off
We will be having a Kindergarten Kick-off for our incoming kindergarten students and parents/guardians on Monday, June 13th. During the kick-off, your child(ren) will have the opportunity to visit the kindergarten classrooms, take a tour of Warwick, and then get to complete an activity with our two kindergarten teachers. During the classroom activity, parents/guardians will have the opportunity to meet with Mrs. Adelman, Mrs. Sleicher (our school counselor), our reading specialists, nurse, speech pathologist, and other Warwick staff members to learn a little bit about kindergarten.
Please follow this link to sign up for a 30-minute visit on June 13th. We hope you can make it!
Universal Free Lunch Waiver Expiration
School breakfast and lunch has been available for Central Bucks School District students at no cost since March 2020. Reimbursement for the cost of providing these meals has come through a United States Department of Agriculture Waiver issued to the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This waiver suspended free and reduced lunch eligibility requirements, allowing for universal participation in the National School Lunch Program. The waiver is expected to expire at the end of June.
In anticipation of this, we wish to remind families of the following:
- Eligible families are strongly encouraged to apply for free and reduced lunches. Families may apply through an online application that is safe, secure, and private. Visit cbsd.org/freeandreduced for details. All children in households eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits are eligible for free meals. If you have questions about your family’s eligibility, please send email to Renee Ziccardi at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your school nurse.
- When the waiver expires, students may again purchase lunch, a la carte items, or snacks through their MySchoolBucks account. Now is a good time to log on, bring your child’s account up to date if money is owed, and update expired payment information. Review frequently asked questions about school lunch accounts on our website. Your child will not be able to utilize their account to purchase a la carte items or snacks if it is past due. If you have questions about your child’s account, or if you believe the balance information is inaccurate, please contact Renee Ziccardi at email@example.com.