CUSD COVID-19 Testing Update
Opportunities Available for Students, Staff & Volunteers
Chico Unified developed this newsletter on January 12, 2022.
Questions? Call our CUSD COVID-19 Reporting & Information Line: (530) 801-2813
This phone line will be staffed on school days, M-F, from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you are calling outside of these hours, please leave a message.
How It Works - Determine Your Testing Site
Register Before Your First Visit
First Time Registration
Register on the Primary Health website (this program is run by the California Department of Public Health for CUSD).
- First Time Tester - https://my.primary.health/l/chico-usd (current CUSD students, staff and volunteers)
- Return Testers - Once registered, you will not need to complete the registration process again during the 2021-22 school year.
No appointment is needed. All Chico Unified testing sites utilize drop-in testing. Please wear a well-fitted mask while utilizing testing services.
Additional Testing Information
Voluntary and free COVID-19 testing opportunities are now available at Chico Unified school sites for students in grades TK-12, CUSD staff and CUSD volunteers. This testing is offered to ensure all students eligible for Modified Quarantine have the ability to meet the testing requirements. This testing opportunity is provided by the California Department of Public Health in conjunction with Primary Health and is available to all currently enrolled Chico Unified students, staff and volunteers. The California Department of Public Health will determine the duration and funding of the program.
WEEKLY TESTING SCHEDULE
Testing sites are for current Chico Unified students, staff and volunteers. If you are a family or community member, please view the Butte County Public Health Department to locate a community testing center. Thank you.
iHealth At-Home Test Kits for Students
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) sent at-home tests to the County Office of Education for distribution to school sites. The original intent of the CDPH test distribution was to help foster a safe return to school after the holiday break. Testing kits were received after school resumed for the spring semester and students had already returned from vacation. The late delivery of the testing kits required our school district to pivot and develop new protocols to effectively distribute the kits to students in a manner that will allow for students to remain on campus safely.
Test Distribution Plan for Students
A district-wide protocol has been developed to help identify and distribute the new iHealth test kits to students. The protocol is designed to keep students in school and safely learning. The iHealth test kits will be maintained by each school’s health office designee. School nurses and health assistants will oversee the distribution of individual test kits to students.
School Health Offices will distribute iHealth home test kits to students who:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
- may be eligible for early return to campus (based on the California Department of Public Health quarantine guidance).
- test positive while on the school site.
- have the opportunity to remain in class on modified quarantine (if Mobile Med’s on-campus COVID-19 testing is not available within the designated testing window).
- participate in home quarantine and wish to return to school early (based on the California Department of Public Health quarantine guidance).